• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

steroids in college football

UFtb

VIP Member
Do you think steroids are a big problem in college football? From what I've heard is the NCAA randomly tests football players, and always tests before the bowl games. That doesn't mean players don't use them though. Every year in the NFL players are caught with illegal steroids or human growth hormones.

Do you think college kids are using them as much as pro athletes? I think there is more of a reason for a college athlete to use it than a pro. There's more competition and they aren't getting paid. If they want to get paid, they need to be the best.

Amanda371

VIP Member
Have there been any big scandals about it before? I'm sure it's out there. Probably in high schools too. These kids have a lot of pressure to be the best and to get a scholarship or get noticed so they get drafted and can make the money. I wouldn't be at all surprised

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Have there been any big scandals about it before? I'm sure it's out there. Probably in high schools too. These kids have a lot of pressure to be the best and to get a scholarship or get noticed so they get drafted and can make the money. I wouldn't be at all surprised

I couldn't agree more. In my opinion, there's no doubt steroids are being used on the college level and in the high schools. I saw a show on HBO about the use of steroids in high school. It's a lot more rampant than you might think.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I couldn't agree more. In my opinion, there's no doubt steroids are being used on the college level and in the high schools. I saw a show on HBO about the use of steroids in high school. It's a lot more rampant than you might think.

Steroids are being used in high school and college football, but until we start testing we may never figure it out. Who is doing it.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I think they do test in high school. Atleast they did at mine. But I'm pretty sure it's a state by state thing.

rawdog

VIP Member
I think they do test in high school. Atleast they did at mine. But I'm pretty sure it's a state by state thing.

I don't know if they test for steroid and hgh. That would get expensive for high schools to pay for. But they do test for street drugs.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
i know that many people in high school do it... i played with a kid in youth football, he's now a junior in high school and was the ace pitcher at a school by mine last year, but he got caught juicing by his head coach who did nothing but the athletic director caught him and now all the sports at his school get tested for any kind of drugs twice during a sports season and he told me that there was either a junior college or a small non-NCAA college that was offering him to play or offering a scholarship there and were cool with the roids, but thats not NCAA

ilovegators

VIP Member
Some Orland pharmaceutical company got raided yesterday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2781674

Current and former professional and collegiate athletes have reportedly been linked to an Orlando pharmaceutical company that allegedly sold steroids and other performance enhancers over the Internet.

Federal and state narcotics agents raided two pharmacies Tuesday as part of a New York state investigation into the operation.

carolinathru&thru

VIP Member
I'm sure there are collegiate players that use steroids. I'd like to think that it is a low percentage, but there's no way to tell.

lilChomp

VIP Member
Athletes do it all the time. There's no doubt about it. Schools either keep it hush hush because the NCAA has an image it wants to preserve or they say the kid is in trouble for something else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema