• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SEC 2009: Who, What, When, Where, and Why

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Urban Meyer’s response to those who say he’s going to Notre Dame:
"I am not leaving Florida!! My family and I are honored to have the best job in the country."
Urban Meyer, July 12, 2009

In a text message to Buddy Martin

Well, I'm glad we can agree on something. It proved to be a mental chore to read your previous diatribes.
You will be proven wrong in your assertion that Coach will be leaving (your implication is sooner rather than later). Oh, lest I forget, we also agree about sane persons knowing the answers to those questions.
In answer to winning championships because of Tebow, is wrong just on face value. You know that the game is played by 11 to a side and not just one (albeit TT will prove to be the Greatest One Ever). As far as going for another NC the following season, of course we will be going for it, we will most likely be defending Champions. Meyer will make history in the SEC and after TT, will march towards more Championships led by the first of many to follow Tebow, John Brantley.
BTW, if you haven't read too much on him yet, you can start with an earlier post from today on JB, HERE.

There will never be another Tim Tebow and I do think he is the reason Florida won the NC last year. I know for a fact that he IS the reason Florida beat Alabama in the SECCG. I am not saying there will not be another great QB at Florida, but once in a while a player comes along that can carry a team on his shoulders and TT is that kind of a player.

Florida will be in the same boat that teams like Alabama was last year A.T. (After Tebow) and Meyer knows that. I don't blame Meyer for not admitting there is a possibility of leaving, coaches have been doing that since the invention of the forward pass. He has to squash the rumors, he owes that to his team, his coaches and to the Florida fans.

I would say there is about a 50% chance he will leave for Notre Dame next year. It will depend on two things. (1) CW continuing to fail at ND and depending on how successful Florida is in 2009. In fact I told someone the other day, the only chance Florida has of keeping Urban Meyer after 2009 will be if Florida fails to succeed in 2009.

What a conundrum?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
There will never be another Tim Tebow and I do think he is the reason Florida won the NC last year. I know for a fact that he IS the reason Florida beat Alabama in the SECCG. I am not saying there will not be another great QB at Florida, but once in a while a player comes along that can carry a team on his shoulders and TT is that kind of a player.

Florida will be in the same boat that teams like Alabama was last year A.T. (After Tebow) and Meyer knows that. I don't blame Meyer for not admitting there is a possibility of leaving, coaches have been doing that since the invention of the forward pass. He has to squash the rumors, he owes that to his team, his coaches and to the Florida fans.

I would say there is about a 50% chance he will leave for Notre Dame next year. It will depend on two things. (1) CW continuing to fail at ND and depending on how successful Florida is in 2009. In fact I told someone the other day, the only chance Florida has of keeping Urban Meyer after 2009 will be if Florida fails to succeed in 2009.

What a conundrum?

No, more like what part of "I'm not going to Notre Dame - EVER" do you fail to understand?

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I don't blame Meyer for not admitting there is a possibility of leaving, coaches have been doing that since the invention of the forward pass. He has to squash the rumors, he owes that to his team, his coaches and to the Florida fans.

And no coach in the history of coaching has been better at this then your very own Coach Nicky.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
What a conundrum?
If Meyer does leave UF, I don't see it in the near future. It would most likely be several years down the road.

And you're falling into the same argument all rivals use that UF will be terrible in 2010. UF will still have plenty of talent and while a NC may not happen, I doubt that the season turns into the disaster that you and other rivals hope it will

Heck, I don't want to see Meyer go. He has been great for the SEC and by next year he and Florida will be the only ones that will be able to give Alabama a game.

Having said that, the only people that think and hope Urban Meyer would not go to Notre dame IF offered are the Florida fan base. If there was a pole taken of college football experts and knowledgeable fans it would be almost unanimous that Meyer will go to Notre Dame in 2010 IF offered all things being even.

Even a man like Meyer has dreams and money will not be the determining factor.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
We all know everyone has a price, Yellowhammer.

Your posts here will not make Meyer leave UF for ND.

Maybe you're right, maybe you're not. Either way, you can't convince everyone to think like you, so let it go.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Heck, I don't want to see Meyer go. He has been great for the SEC and by next year he and Florida will be the only ones that will be able to give Alabama a game.

Having said that, the only people that think and hope Urban Meyer would not go to Notre dame IF offered are the Florida fan base. If there was a pole taken of college football experts and knowledgeable fans it would be almost unanimous that Meyer will go to Notre Dame in 2010 IF offered all things being even.

Even a man like Meyer has dreams and money will not be the determining factor.

No, it's more of what the almighty MEDIA wants to see - as well as those who either hate Florida with a vengeance or intentionally want to sabotage some aspects of our foorball program - especially where recruiting is concerned.

And what if Charlie Weis has a winning season in 2009? WHAT WILL YOU BE SAYING THEN?

I expect an answer.

Oh, and another thing - you want to talk about a LIAR? Look no further than in your own backyard - his name is NICK SABAN.)

No, it's more of what the almighty MEDIA wants to see - as well as those who either hate Florida with a vengeance or intentionally want to sabotage some aspects of our foorball program - especially where recruiting is concerned.

And what if Charlie Weis has a winning season in 2009? WHAT WILL YOU BE SAYING THEN?

I expect an answer.

Oh, and another thing - you want to talk about a LIAR? Look no further than in your own backyard - his name is NICK SABAN.)

They all have to lie when asked those questions, they have no choice.

You guys sound a little delusional and paranoid. I heard the same sort of things about Spurrier just before he left and Florida WAS his dream job.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
They all have to lie when asked those questions, they have no choice.

You guys sound a little delusional and paranoid. I heard the same sort of things about Spurrier just before he left and Florida WAS his dream job.

See, there you go again - skirting the issue and avoiding having to answer a question.

Seems you can dish it out, but when the shoe's on the other foot you can't provide an answer - all you do is childishly throw out insults and go into rope-a-dope mode when you get backed into a corner.

Perhaps you should go back to your Bama fanbase and stop trying to antagonize Gator fans with all this nonsense.

I expect an answer.

When the job at Notre Dame opens up they will come after Urban Meyer and he will leave Florida and take the job.

That is not what I want to happen, that is what I believe will happen.

Is that clear enough?

When the job at Notre Dame opens up they will come after Urban Meyer and he will leave Florida and take the job.

Is that clear enough?

That's completely fine if that's what you think. You've posted it plenty of times. Repeatedly stating the same thing won't strengthen your argument. You are a tool. Go away.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

Is that clear enough?

No, that's NOT clear enough. Once again, you're skirting the issue and posting an answer that lacks substance.

All you seem to want to do is post what amounts to nothing more or less than glorified smack that's been sugarcoated (example: that so-called "article" you wrote for Bleacher Report about an SEC preview - anybody with the slightest amount of intelligence could spot that in a minute)
and can't seem to justify your answers when you're on the spot - that, and post the same thing over and over again, which is pointless.

And another thing - given the fact that you're repeating the same line in your argument, that tells me that it's something you WANT to happen. Hey, I'm no fool.

It's time for you to call no-joy. If you want to keep poking a gorilla with a stick, that tells me also that your main intent is to rile up our fanbase - and that's just as despicable of a tactic as what your pal Finebaum has done. Others here see the same thing as well - the joke's on YOU.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema