• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rumor on Tebow

djg8tr22

VIP Member
Supposedly Tim Tebow could miss the remainder of the season. I heard on another site like this one (gatorcountry) that Tebow suffered a Seperated Shoulder and could miss the rest of the season. Dont know how much of this is true because nothing has been made of it on ESPN or anything. But if he does go down what are we to do? Newton isnt ready and isnt even the best QB option we have. The best one is being Redshirted (John Brantley) So just thought Id get that out there for you all.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
If Tebow goes down for the rest of the season, then the Gators are pretty much going down with him.

Even if his injury is somewhat major, it might be best to just be cautious with it. Our NC hopes are over, and winning the SEC looks like a dream too. Maybe it's best to rest him for next season?

zyonuf79

Gator Fan
If he has additional damage to the shoulder, then they will be better off just getting him healed properly for next year.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Why havent we used newton for any kind of running plays and i thought brantley wasnt redshirting.

djg8tr22

VIP Member
No Brantley is redshirting to bulk up some and so that next year we will have Waggener as a Sr. Tebow as a Jr. Newton as a Soph. and Brantley as a Fresh. Rumor had it that during Summer Practice this year Brantley was looking better than Tebow skill wise but was still a little iffy on making his reads in the offense. So he may challenge for the starting job this next year. But I agree.. why not use Newton like LSU is using Perriloux or how we used Tebow last yr.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
If Tim is hurt that bad, then he def. doesn't need to play this weekend, but I can almost promiss you as tuff as he is, it's gonna be hard telling him he can't play, which obviously enough would be in his best intrest ;)

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
i think it is stupid of Meyer not to use Newton... especially since Tebow's injury... i would love to see Tebow rest up this week and Newton step up and get the W

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
I agree. Tim needs to rest and get stronger.... Newton has actually scored 2 TD's when he played early in the season (2, right?).... Esp. let Tim get well and get stronger for that last game of the season :)

gator rob

Gator Fan
I THINK WE SHOULD GO BACK TO THE WAY WE DID IT LAST YEAR, WITH THE TWO QUARTERBACKS. IT WORKED GREAT LAST YEAR AND IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING FOR LSU. IT IS ALSO THE PERFECT WAY TO MAKE SURE OUR BACKUPS ARE READY TO GO AT ALL TIMES, JUST IN CASE SOMETHING BAD WAS EVER TO HAPPEN TO TEBOW ( GOD HELP US). MAYBE IT IS JUST A SEVERE BRUISED SHOULDER, MEYER CAN PROBABLY REST HIM IN PART OF THE VANDY GAME AND ALL OF THE FLA. ATL. GAME, JUST AS LONG AS HE IS READY FOR FSU AND WHATEVER BOWL GAME WE GO TO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema