• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rich Rodriguez takes Michigan job

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan has hired West Virginia's Rich Rodriguez as its next football coach following a search that featured two other top prospects deciding to stay put.

Rodriguez, whose Mountaineers (No. 9 BCS, No. 11 AP) are preparing for their second BCS game in three seasons, will take over Michigan's program from Lloyd Carr, Michigan athletic department spokesman Bruce Madej said Sunday.

"I am thrilled to have Rich Rodriguez as Michigan's new coach," athletic director Bill Martin wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Sunday. "Rich brings an exciting brand of football to Michigan Stadium. We welcome the entire Rodriguez family to Ann Arbor."

Rodriguez, who informed his players at a 1:30 p.m. ET meeting Sunday that he was leaving for Michigan, will formally be introduced by the Wolverines at a news conference on Monday morning at the Junge Family Champions Center on campus.

well we gotta learn how to defend a spread offense as well but yea, i saw high school highlights of our new QB n he can run really fast and hes got a hell of an arm, btw he went to Texas High School.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
I know we got Urban from Utah and all but I think the loyalty coaches show to programs has been forgotten. I do not blame a coach for wanted to go from a smaller school " Duke, Utah, APP State, " but when you are in a top BCS program and have good recruiting grounds and bring in top notch players and just bolt when you have a " better job" what does this show to the recruits who have bought into your system just to see you leave. NCAA punishes kids for transferring to better there situation but yet no punishment for coaches not finishing there contracts. I think the NCAA should let players transfer with no penalty if they transfer to a school out of division. What Bobby P. did to Atlanta was very despicable in my opinion. I cant believe Arkansas would want a coach like that who doesny ever finish his NFL season and then looks at the owner of the Falcons and says you have a coach. Just my opinion though!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema