• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Retire No. 15?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I doubt it. Currently, there are no retired jersey numbers. The few that have been retired were un-retired. I suspect that with all the talent they have, UF needs all those jersey numbers available. Maybe the #15 will become reserved, but not retired.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Usually, college football programs don't retire numbers. They just "reserve" them as Escambia stated. Most times these numbers can be used as a recruiting ploy. Much like Michigan's number 1 or Syracuse's number 44. Meyer is already trying to make the number 1 our "reserved" number.

Escambia94

Maybe, paint the image of his jersey on the wall in The Swamp.
I have no doubt that 5 years from Tebow's graduation, Timmeh will have his name on the Ring of Honor at the Swamp. Keep in mind that Florida just installed that ring of honor in 2006, so a few very deserving athletes waited a long time to have their names put on there. All we can hope is that Tebow won't suffer the curse of the "college stud to NFL dud" and be a 3rd string QB when his name is put on the Gator Ring of Honor.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
................. "college stud to NFL dud" and be a 3rd string QB when his name is put on the Gator Ring of Honor.
I believe that this is very unlikely to occur. He will be a successful NFL player, but first he will achieve unprecedented success as a senior at the University of Florida!
GO GATORS !!!!!

Escambia94

I believe that this is very unlikely to occur. He will be a successful NFL player, but first he will achieve unprecedented success as a senior at the University of Florida!
GO GATORS !!!!!

I have faith that Tebow will be a stud in the NFL, but I understand that history is working against him. My high school football team competed against Danny Wuerffel, and I enjoyed watching Danny. I even went to his father's chapel on Eglin AFB. I thought we would do well in the NFL despite all of his critics, but we all know that did not happen.

Tebow has more tools than Wuerffel to succeed in the NFL, but throughout history the NCAA-NFL transition has proven hard to overcome. Tebow is built like and operates similarly to Ben Roethlisberger, so it might be easier for Tebow to find his niche if the right team drafts him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema