• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Regarding Richardson

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Did anyone else catch that collection of “AR-highlights”, on Google this week from his days as an underclassman/prep-level player back at Gainesville Eastside? From his time as a lanky freshman at WR, on through multiple eye-popping moments as QB, along with tales of his various “freakish” exploits at a wide range of sports and competitive situations and events along the way, one can only conclude with growing amazement that he developed and grew into this role “right under our noses”/“in our own backyard”—was finally, seemingly “right there for the picking in our own town” when the time came.
Do you suppose that it WAS because he was “just a kid playing at a mid-level school in Gainesville, Fla.” that, in retrospect, kept him AND us on a pretty tight course for him to stay and play at UF in particular?
Sure looks like a break for us—and a “miss” for all the other “big time programs” (with all their scouts and diagnostics, fly-in visits and field personnel) that DIDN’T take a hard run at him!
I mean, by every sign, in every way that counts looking back now he sure LOOKED like one of those proverbial “generational talents”!
And now, we’ve got him.
With this Coach and a little more depth, as the pieces are gathered and developed around him, you can’t help but “feel a rising tide” on offense now...
A similar “special balance” to match it pursued and attained on the OTHER side of the ball over the next coupla years and well, watch that “showcase” and you’ll see what I saw:
There is no TELLING how high the ceiling might be.
One writer called him
“Tebow AND Cam Newton PLUS smarts, humility and natural INSTINCTS all rolled into one, still learning and growing under the guidance of the acknowledged best molder of young quarterbacks in today’s college football”.
That sounds about right—and pretty damn promising!
Past experience and my nervously paranoid sense of superstition tends to have me kicking myself for even saying that out loud, let alone publicly voicing it here!
But I can’t help it: No matter what happens as far as his part in and/or for that matter the final score in TOMORROW’S game (whatever happens), in the long run maybe he, we ALL deserve to acknowledge and accept his and OUR good fortune at finding each other, AR-15 being who and what he is: a GATOR HERE AND NOW!
In the final analysis, there are signs this ISN’T about just one game, or even “just this season”; This may just be the early scenes in what could one day be part of a legend, NOT simply “one more kid’s short but flashy college career”, see?
You watch him do these things, hear these tales, continue to take in the ongoing evidence as it continues step by step, year by year to accumulate, and you DON’T just take it for granted:
We need to let it gather, build around him and us—above all, come to recognize and ENJOY IT, appreciate its ongoing effects and eventual rewards for him, us, and everyone associated with him and the TEAM around him!
Meanwhile, it is Friday evening and I FINALLY found some “upbeat positivity” regarding the game coming up tomorrow, found it with “Dave” and co. over at “Gator Breakdown”.
Not so big a surprise that THAT’S where I’d find it—but gotta admit, somewhat of SOME KIND of a relief, in the desert of pessimism and hopelessness surrounding and leading up to this one.
Not that it has thus far turned it all around for me—but I CAN see where “crazy weather” (rain and wind) around kick off time, for example, MIGHT give us some kind of “randomizing edge”; We’ve seen it happen, work AGAINST US in the past—but the fact still remains that ours will HAVE to be a more aggressive, pressure-applied defense from Grantham’s charges this time to exploit such openings no matter what, and meanwhile we will be down at least a couple of starters in our defensive secondary.
Only the best defense we’ve seen in a coupla YEARS will give us a chance, no matter HOW well our offense brings it.
Still and all, I will end this the same way every caller at “Gator Breakdown” (much to my encouragement and relief) was ending THEIR call, comment and analysis there this evening, no matter the tone or outlook:
“GO GATORS!!!”

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Unsure you guys know the Netflix show QB1 which featured the likes of Jake Fromm and Justin Fields who are now in the NFL and Spencer Rattler who might a first-rounder. Richardson along with Bryce Young and Carson Beck (Georgia) was featured in the fourth season. Don't know if the fourth season will be shown even though they probably stopped filming by February of 2020 before the pandemic got worse (OK Covid probably came to America prior to that but it wasn't a problem until March 2020). It was supposed to come out last year but with the pandemic, it was delayed and there are questions if that season will ever be seen. Considering that Young is the starter in Bama and Richardson is seeing significant playing time (and Beck played some), Netflix needs to stream that season. They streamed that Two-A-Days-ish show Titletown High with the coach from Two-A-Days who's no longer there. As for the situation, eventually, Mullen will need to pick a guy. I think it will be Richardson soon and Jones probably should get his degree and go elsewhere.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Unsure you guys know the Netflix show QB1 which featured the likes of Jake Fromm and Justin Fields who are now in the NFL and Spencer Rattler who might a first-rounder. Richardson along with Bryce Young and Carson Beck (Georgia) was featured in the fourth season. Don't know if the fourth season will be shown even though they probably stopped filming by February of 2020 before the pandemic got worse (OK Covid probably came to America prior to that but it wasn't a problem until March 2020). It was supposed to come out last year but with the pandemic, it was delayed and there are questions if that season will ever be seen. Considering that Young is the starter in Bama and Richardson is seeing significant playing time (and Beck played some), Netflix needs to stream that season. They streamed that Two-A-Days-ish show Titletown High with the coach from Two-A-Days who's no longer there. As for the situation, eventually, Mullen will need to pick a guy. I think it will be Richardson soon and Jones probably should get his degree and go elsewhere.
Oh yeah—AR is definitely, finally “that special guy at QB” we’ve been hoping on since 2009...I trust Mullen to “bring him along right”, with all the complex and subtle situational factors in mind—and that of course goes beyond, transcends factors like our immediate needs and desires right here and now.
By all accounts though he is a fast learner, picks up nuances and is learning Coach’s complex playbook quickly— so the full transition, if deemed necessary and best, could indeed come THIS season after all. But maybe you don’t rush things:
Much of our eventual rise to the very top will depend on this being done right.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema