• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Percy Harvin Fails Drug Test

I just heard on the radio that Percy Harvin tested positive for marijuana on a drug test during the NFL combine. Will this hurt him in the draft?

inthestands

Gator Fan
If it is true then it will definately hurt him because he will have to start his rookie season suspended. Plus the NFL may not allow him to attend camp. If it is true then he is an idiot, how do you ruin a great opportunity life being a 1st round draft pick. This is one of the many reasons I don't think that students should be allowed to play professional sports without a degree. I will explain:

A) If I want to go out and make a ton of money I pretty much have to have a degree (there are exceptions, but with those at least people are producing something, NFL players only entertain)

B) It would force them to stay in college longer and gain a little more maturity about themselves.

C) It teaches them that when they make a commitment to come play for a school for four years for a free eduacation then they have to live up to their word. If football players had to live up to their contracts and couldn't just get out when they felt like it, there would probably be less whining in the NFL by players who make millions and want more

inthestands

Gator Fan
I have a hard time believing this is true though, I just looked on ESPN and they are reporting that Raji failed a drug test but not reporting anything on Harvin.

I don't believe the NFL can suspend him because he is not under a NFL contract with any team, therefore the Substance Abuse policy is not in affect for him yet. It could possible turn teams off to him and drop him out of the first round and he will lose a couple million dollars.

inthestands

Gator Fan
Any player can be suspended who is a member of the draft... the punishment would take effect after he is drafted... it happened with two player a couple of years ago, I'll see if I can find who, I remember that though. But I don't even think this story is true, the source site that reported the story has taken it down and ESPN and FOX only report that Raji failed his.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Some of these people who have nothing better to do than start rumors need a good swift kick in the derriere.

According to Jeremy Fowler at the Sentinel, the link is "temporarily unavailable" - wonder if whoever posted it was forced to take it down?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I haven't heard if anything was confirmed. These things happen a lot this time of year. Teams will release rumors hoping to make a player fall to them in the draft.

I would not surprise me at all though if he smoked weed... it would just surprise me that he would do it right before the combine when he knows he's about to get tested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema