• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Orson Charles

Leakfan12

VIP Member
He's a tight end for Plant HS in Tampa. According to scout.com he can run a 40 in 4.5 secs. If the Gators can get him, Meyer could used the two tight end formation he wanted to use before CI got hurt.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Yeah I've seen this kid play in person. He's a BEAST! Plant basically used him as a wideout due to his speed. He might have to work on his blocking technique a little.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Well, he owes us one!

He broke the Waterford Crystal the last time he visited so he owes us one.
...............but shortly after breaking the crystal he said Meyer joked about the mishap by asking, "How does it feel to be a Gator?" Charles said Meyer assured him insurance will replace the trophy.
Before Charles broke the trophy, Plant coach Robert Weiner said Meyer asked him to describe Charles. Weiner told Meyer that Charles was a "physical specimen" but sometimes a "bull in a china shop."
"After what happened," Weiner said, "I'm sure Urban now thinks I'm an excellent evaluator of talent."
MORE

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Orson Charles meets with Georgia assistant

Orson Charles meets with Georgia assistant
How did tight end Orson Charles of Tampa, Fla., spend his MLK holiday?
Most of it was spent with UGA assistant John Lilly, who coaches tight ends for the Bulldogs. They met for around six hours on Monday.

The 6-foot-4 Charles finished up basketball practice at 1 p.m., and then had a “serious” conversation with Lilly. UGA covets Charles, who will be making an official visit to Athens this weekend.
“We talked about my future, some deep stuff,” Charles said. “One of the biggest things he emphasized was separating truth from fiction in recruiting. He just gave me some suggestions for things to look at when making a college decision, and I really can’t go anymore into it than that.”

Charles said his finalists are Florida, Georgia, Florida State, Miami and Southern Cal.
MORE HERE...

reel_gator

Gator Fan
Need more than 2 TEs on the roster (Parks and Hernandez)....if you watch replay videos of our games you will see that we used 2 TEs alot...we had Tate Casey & Aaron Hernandez lined up a lot for blocking purposes...of course Hernandez gives us a H back option and caught several shovel passes that helped defeat Bama & OU. Hernandez will be a jr in 2009 and so we could use 2 TEs in this class and if we whiff on Charles we will probably have to sign 2 next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema