• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Orlando Gator Gathering 2008

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I'll be heading out to the Central Florida Fairgrounds on Friday night for the Gator Gathering sponsored by my local Gator Club; Coach Meyer will be speaking once again this year. I expect to see a good-sized crowd there once again, and I hope we can draw another 1000+ as we did back in 2005 during Meyer's first season as head coach.

Anyway, I'll post something more about the event and what Coach Meyer had to say this weekend. Am looking forward to a fun night and being with other Orlando-area Gator fans!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I never knew they held these in Orlando. Man I'm out of it. Kinda makes me miss Orlando now.....

Usually they're held out at the Central Florida Fairgrounds on West Colonial past all the car dealerships. One year they held it out in Kissimmee but really didn't draw much of a crowd.

I was one of the lucky first 250 in the door who got in the autograph line and had a poster signed by Coach Meyer just before he spoke. When I told him "we're going to have a great year, Coach", he responded back with a huge smile.

I figured he'd touch on last year's season and the Cap One loss, which he did - he also stressed how important it is to enjoy what one does be it football or one's job, enjoying the hard work it takes to get where you want to be and appreciating what you've accomplished. In a roundabout way he admitted that our football team took things for granted after the 2006 NC win and it showed in 2007. There's a new attitude now and a new focus on working hard and giving an all-out effort out there in 2008.

He went on to talk about the changes being made at the football complex, some of the players as far as building up the depth chart, both incoming and veterans after spring practice, and how much he appreciates fan support and participation when it comes to Gator football.

The crowd this year wasn't as large as it was in the past, and I'm thinking that due to the economy the way it is right now and the fact that Mother's Day is this weekend that may have kept the numbers down a little. Later I found out when I spoke to Marty Cohen from Gator Bait that Jamar Hornsby was in trouble over that stolen credit card he took from Joe Haden's deceased girlfriend, that could have dampened Coach Meyer's mood a little since he had to dismiss Hornsby from the team early yesterday morning.

Even so, it was nice to get out and party with other Gator fans in the off-season. I'm planning to go up to Gainesville again in June for the Women's Clinic again this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema