• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

One thing

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Ground can't cause a fumble right? Then Why did those idiots called officials called the "fumble" on that Harvin carry when it should have been a touchdown?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Ground can't cause a fumble right? Then Why did those idiots called officials called the "fumble" on that Harvin carry when it should have been a touchdown?

Agreed. The announcers on ESPN2 got it right--the nose of the ball crossed the end zone. It's a good thing this game was not close.

On a side note, we do need to find a backup quarterback who doesn't toss up INTs every time he has the ball! Florida State will likely come to hurt Tebow (just as I thought Georgia would).

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
There were a number of calls that were incorrectly called. The most glaring examples were the ones that were reviewed and not overturned after it was so obviously wrong......I hope we never see those zebras again.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Agreed. The announcers on ESPN2 got it right--the nose of the ball crossed the end zone. It's a good thing this game was not close.

On a side note, we do need to find a backup quarterback who doesn't toss up INTs every time he has the ball! Florida State will likely come to hurt Tebow (just as I thought Georgia would).

Isn't that his first INT this year?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Yeah that was, I wish Meyer would have keep Tebow and the first offense on for one more drive but that's me and Meyer wanted to give experience to Brantley. Also I agree with Mahx about not wanting to see those officials again.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Yeah that was, I wish Meyer would have keep Tebow and the first offense on for one more drive but that's me and Meyer wanted to give experience to Brantley. Also I agree with Mahx about not wanting to see those officials again.

I bet Meyer got news that PSU lost. Meyer knew that style points didn't matter as much and all we had to do was win the rest of our games.

Sharon4Gators

Gator Fan
I bet Meyer got news that PSU lost. Meyer knew that style points didn't matter as much and all we had to do was win the rest of our games.
IMO Gators don't have anything tied up yet. There is still Alabama who is ranked #1, Texas, Texas Tech are still in the mix. I do think Alabama isn't as good as touted though, LSU gave them everything they could handle and LSU's quarterback is horrible...both of them.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
IMO Gators don't have anything tied up yet. There is still Alabama who is ranked #1, Texas, Texas Tech are still in the mix. I do think Alabama isn't as good as touted though, LSU gave them everything they could handle and LSU's quarterback is horrible...both of them.

We'll handle Alabama just fine, as like you said, they are overrated.

I think it will be Alabama/UF versus the Big 12 champ to play for all the marbles...as long as we win out. Before PSU's loss, we needed style points to impress the voters, but now, style points are less important for us.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
That blown call by the refs was BS. Percy Harvin clearly got the nose of the ball across the endzone. If it wasnt a touchdown, it was AT WORST down at the 1 inch line. The ground clearly caused the ball to come out, after it crossed the goal line of course.

thank heavens the game was not meaningful at the time and that those calls did not effect the game overall. Their jobs should be gone and given to someone who is honest and fair at the position. It made no difference but still its a obvious blatant blown call.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Sharon, Texas isn't really a threat if you consider the 2006 Michigan and LSU teams and last year's Georgia team that teams who didn't play win their conference or don't play in the conference title don't get go in the national title game. Only teams that the Gators should worry about are the team they're playing against like this week U of South Carolina.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

It was only his first interception of the year. I wouldn't throw Brantley under the bus just yet; that would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water. He'll only improve with added game time experience, and I hope he'll get just that during our game with The Citadel. He needs to learn from his mistakes at this point in time and move forward.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema