• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread: Week 8, #9 Florida Gators vs South Carolina 10/19/19

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, Mullens wants to throw it, but his QB is having all kinds of trouble: On a dry day that was an EASY 6 points!
Good news: Aside from that early flea-flicker (and a boneheaded O-lineman), we have outplayed them ever since.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Trask having an off day in the rain.
And the defender shoulda been flagged for PI, too.
Gotta bring in Jones for a series at least.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You know, we can take a certain comfort in seeing how ELITE teams handle their business—and again, make no mistake: We are NOT one of THEM.
See ya later, Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw that is BULLSHIT! First it wasuncatchable. Yes. There. Hardly contact, too.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94,
re your “optimistic” rating of my pregame
The Gators are lethargic on offense and defense. It might be a long day.
I put the responsibility squarely on Dan Mullens’ shoulders; that is what I was referring to above. Still, we came back from 17 points down in the 4th last year; we MIGHT still be capable of coming back and beating this team...but we are NOT really a “dangerous, top ten team”. Not in our wildest imaginations.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I’m no longer watching the game. Call me a “fair weather fan”, but I just don’t care to have to make excuses in order to follow my team. I’ll check Barack in the 2nd half...
But for now, one thing that I have DEFINITELY noted as “fishy” is the way in which the game is being officiated. We have seen this thing far too often NPT to recognize when we’re victims once again of “a Gator hose-job”! It’s not just the bogus flags on us, it is the fact that NOT ONE FLAG HAS BEEN THRIWN IN SOUTH CAROLINA as of yet. In the rain, that is HUGE. I know, I know, I sound like a “typical fan”—but we’re Gators and we KNOW. It FEELS like we’re BY FAR the better team out there today—but somehow...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...Well, my friends here always light up my phone and laptop whenever the Gators either score or get scored upon—on these late-Longhorn game days I can count on that—so I’ll know if/when it is time to rejoin y’all...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
DC67F7A2-71BB-459E-869A-FFCDB33746B0.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is interesting: As I say, I’m not watching the game, but no one is calling me, from which I can deduce that it is still neck’n’neck, somehow. That just shouldn’t BE; Granted, this is a game ‘Cocks squad after all, but even DOWN our two rushers-extraordinaire we should be beating them. I suppose the constant rain has played its part, but good teams beat lesser teams no matter WHAT the conditions...I am tired of having to explain our shortcomings.
When we are ready to “reload and come out swinging” no matter WHAT we face on the other side of the ball, THEN we’ll be ready.
I’m fairly certain we will lose this one—without even WATCHING it (LOL): It HAS to be well into the 2nd half by now and if we WERE gonna take control, it would have happened by now. I suspect however that USC’s running game is starting to tell—and for the umpteenth time this season, ours did NOT. No rush, EITHER side of the line of scrimmage, means a loss, my friends.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I DO keep hoping that my phone suddenly lights up...maybe for the end of the game and a last-second reprieve to our season? Because that of course is all it would be, were that to happen: Sorry to keep beating this tired nag, but we ARE NOT A CONTENDER, oh my brothers. I suppose I will be back in two weeks in hopes of at LEAST tagging UGA just one more time—but it has all been reduced to “what also-ran Bowl?” can we position ourselves for New Years...
The REAL players have nothing to fear from these fairly toothless Alligators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh, and I have to repeat this:
Mullens seems to be a complete ignoramus when it comes to the Challenge Rule.
A friend just sent me a replay clip to my laptop of that sidelines pass a few moments ago—and I THINK THE KID TAPPED IN!!! But nary a word, nor even an apparent LOOK, from a Mullens. Now, I understand if/when it’s close, the diff negligible and/or not wishing to waste a challenge OR mess with the flow of your offense—but THAT was a crucial call on a crucial drive to tie or LEAD! I mean, WTF???!!’

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So I’m back watching now and it seems that Mullens is actually playing to “win late”—which, considering it is still the 3rd quarter, is one of the more egregious examples of “waving the white flag” that I have ever seen a Gator Coach succumb to. Really Coach? Real vote of confidence in your guys.
Look, you all know that I am a Mullens fan and supporter—at least I have been until now.
When I saw signs of this LAST week, I made excuses for him and asked everyone to rally round this Coach and his team. But THIS has seemed to have become a trend for this Coach and team.
Do y’all think it’s a matter of him simply being realistic about the best he can manage with this team, at this time?
If so, then he damn well needs to go out and start recruiting his ASS off: There are those who whisper that recruiting at the elite level is NOT his strong suit, that he is more a molder-of-good-to-great rather than (like Meyer) a seducer of the brilliant standouts...well, that is surmountable: You are the head Coach at one of the premier programs in college football:Go out and hire an ace, kick-ass recruiter! Period.
Meanwhile, they have GOT to cash in this drive; why even BOTHER with that bs running game at this point?
Guess they go here? Or go for the tie?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, if we had our whole defense I’d figure we finally were ok—but we’re really down ANOTHER guy, looks like.
Does ANYONE feel confident at this point that “victory is within our grasp”?
That’s what I thought.
(The only “comfort”, such as it is, is the SC crowd bumming out and thinking, “Oh no, they are doing it to us AGAIN!”)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Finally, a break our way.
But we are dropping like flies out there...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema