• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread: Orange Bowl, #9 Florida Gators vs #24 Virginia Cavaliers, 12/30/19

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If we DO hold on and win, it’ll neither help nor HURT US, but grab these guys all kinds of “good rep” coming into 2020 —which speaks well of US, I suppose...
But it is time for us to begin BURYING teams like this one to finish the season. Something is wrong here; Is it attitude?
Tell y’all this: We have come out looking like SHIT here in the 2nd half. Now a bad punt from our guy. Either we snap out of it, RIGHT HERE/RIGHT NOW, grab back the focus and the game energy, or we lose this one. Have seen it all before.
I can stomach MAYBE two more slack-off plays now by ya after that crap punt, before I call this one: “Game called on account of shitty attitude and barely-above-ZERO offense”

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sorry guys; we are about to give this one away. All the signs are there. It is US who are caving here...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
589A1CAD-AB05-46F9-8281-23CE99D91C2D.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, if we WANT this game, we will have to wake up and TAKE it.
Trask will go a long ways in MY book if he can lead this team to victory ftom HERE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Beautiful. If it stands. Nuts—they’re gonna take this away from us...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, if we DO hold on and end up winning this thing, I won’t be bummed by it staying close: This is one of those games that shaped up as a trap/upset for the Gators.
And THERE IT IS!!! The INT DEEP that may just put it away now with this Jefferson run...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Seems like we’ve had this game “won” for like, at LEAST 45 minutes now!
They’ve had a chance to steal back the spread, now a SECOND onside kick...I mean, this whole 4th qtr has been a succession of Lessons in the Rules of College Football.
All in all, though, we took the best that Virginia had on their best day—and on FAR from ours, we beat ‘em by the 4th.
(Mullens got it right there when he noted we’re finding how much harder each additional WIN each season is to achieve at this level: We still have TWO to go, GATORS!)

Escambia94

There are a lot of complaints on social media, even though the Gators outgained the Wahoos almost 2:1 for most of the game. The defense was reminiscent of the Ron Zook “bend but don’t break” defense. Oddly enough, Virginia only beat Florida using two types of passes: middle hitch and deep post “rainbow”.

Escambia94

There are a lot of complaints on social media, even though the Gators outgained the Wahoos almost 2:1 for most of the game. The defense was reminiscent of the Ron Zook “bend but don’t break” defense. Oddly enough, Virginia only beat Florida using two types of passes: middle hitch and deep post “rainbow”.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I hate to say this was bad especially since the Gators did win but they played better against Michigan in the Peach Bowl last year against better talent.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I hate to say this was bad especially since the Gators did win but they played better against Michigan in the Peach Bowl last year against better talent.
Both comments valid—and, that being the case, together I think reveal a DEEPER, more relevant insight beneath them BOTH:
Given all the aforementioned items in a game that in retrospect set up as a total trap for US and OPPORTUNITY for a mainly (with that one glaring stumble down their stretch run to GET here) resurgent Cavaliers program and squad’s reacting well to THEIR “new Coach’s” plan and leadership, AND that quite cogent point noted by our own Coach Mullens about how difficult a climb the last few steps, “one game at a time” in the WIN-column as we appear to be trying for now—LEAST of all in the SEC!
Of course, hopefully we do it another way entirely: Instead take an overall PERFORMANCE step forward, upgrade ourselves here and there across-the board and STEP to the front! (The extreme example having just been smoothly and COMPLETELY demo’d by LSU, btw...). But we’ll just have to see what we got, and what Mullens & Co. can do with it, come next late-spring.
One note, as we watch this Bowl-season clump by (and BTW, for example: Who here believes EITHER of these Rose-bowl participants, based on performance this far, would have beaten VIRGINIA, at least the team we faced peaking, well-planned and prepared as they were to face US last night! Right now, I can’t see awarding EITHER of these “not so powerful whatever/BOTH like old-style ‘big’n’slow Ten’ teams” a final ranking higher than us, after the FINAL is played, and all the dust and blathering settles...
(BUT...All that “blathering” WILL take its toll, our own rather short-sited and impatient fans were looking for and expecting “Blow Out”—but give Bronco, his staff. the latest play and/or transfer and/or Go Pro prules and all the rest, lead-up time and a really great game plan coming in, maximized to beat us and US alone, to make us work for it. We showed once more what a tough, resilient and above all STALWART team this Gator Team is. Keep that up, KEEP getting BETTER, boys—and WE WILL GET THERE. I still feel it is close.
Y’all MUST feel it too! Life, sports and reality being as strange and unpredictable as it is, I refuse to play the prophet. But come with me this far: As fans, Gators thru’n’thru, are you ANY less sure than EVER that we got the best Coach out there, perfect fit then, there and for the FORESEEABLE.
It’s just a matter of time (I almost prefaced that last line with “Relax—...”)
But hell, truth is even I couldn’t manage THAT...maybe, “Hang IN there...”?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
It would help the Gators if Jake Fromm would declare for the NFL Draft so the Gators would be favorites to win the SEC East in 2020.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema