• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NYE in New Orleans

howdog

Gator Fan
I got a good deal on tickets so I'm going to be in New Orleans for the game. Does anybody have any suggestions for something to do on New Year's Eve? I'm a music fan, just not sure what direction to turn. Thanks.

swamptiger

Gator Fan
Depends on your age:

25 and below Cat Meow or Razoo's
25+ and like Blues/Jazz Funky Pirate

Both on Bourbon St.

Now matter your age go to a show a Snug Harbor on Frenchmen St. This is a must if you like music. Owned by the Marsalis family.

Lloyd

Gator Fan
Well I hear Howlin' Wolf is doing a $70 ticket for the NYE with Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk and Papa Grows Fun. They're probably the two funkiest bands you can find in New Orleans and there's a open bar and buffet included!

I looked around at some of the other spots and they're all charging the same amount or more, just for an open bar. hope this helps!

howdog

Gator Fan
Thanks

I checked Offbeat.com and asked a few other people. Most everyone said to stay off Bourbon street that night. I got a few thumbs up for the dumpsta thing and I'm not driving so the open bar thing is nice. There's also good jazz at snug harbor if I'm in a low key mood. If anyone else has more ideas I'm all ears

howdog

Gator Fan
Nye fyi

Just got tix for the Dumpsta thing at the Howlin' Wolf. I also have reservations at 7 for a place called Cochon. It got rave reviews on tripadvisor. Thanks for the advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema