• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

now that tebow's gone

and brantely isnt too much of a runner we get somebody with speed back in the wild cat and a offense alot more like we ran before tebow

and no offense to tebow but i think brantely could be a better passer from what ive read about him

im pretty excited for the change tebow leaving will bring, who else?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Hate to rain on the parade of the "I want a pro-style offense" crowd, but we won't see the spread become passe as long as Coach Meyer's at UF. We'll likely see the offense adapted to Brantley's particular skillset, just like he did with Chris Leak.

Hate to rain on the parade of the "I want a pro-style offense" crowd, but we won't see the spread become passe as long as Coach Meyer's at UF. We'll likely see the offense adapted to Brantley's particular skillset, just like he did with Chris Leak.

not talking about prostyle at all

but our offense with chris leak and even in 07 & 08 with percy was completely different then last year

and alot more exciting

manasia

Gator Fan
Brantley is gonna be good. He has a cannon, and does have some mobility not just Tim or Cam's mobility.

I want a cannon at QB, He can make the quick reads and the right throws.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
If you read "Urban Way", Urban Meyer's spread-option attack is designed to get the ball in the hands of his playmakers and is entirely reconfigurable within the spectrum between spread and option to adapt to Chris Leak, Tim Tebow, or Johnny Brantley. That being said, I would imagine that the spread-option with Brantley will look similar to the Chris Leak version. People do not give Leak credit--he ran the spread-option just fine. He even won a national championship with it. Chris Leak was not necessarily mobile, but he could rush if forced to. Brantley will be similar.

As O-town stated, the offense will be adapted to Brantley's skill set. Unlike, say, the Fun N' Gun, there is plenty of room to adapt to personnel. Fun N' Gun really did not give a lot of leeway to the QB, but it did so for the RB. Meyer's spread-option can run with or without a TE, with a mobile or immobile QB, and a couple styles of RBs. With Addazzio in there battling Loeffler for play calls, there could be a diverse set of plays for whomever is playing offense.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
i would prefer to see Loeffler call the plays next year

I would definitely prefer Loeffler due to his preference for an aerial attack, but a balanced offense wins games. As much as it annoyed me to watch the Addazzio run plays, we did win every game but one with that approach. I guess I would not mind it if we could beat any team with running or passing and avoid being one-dimensional.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
lol nothing worked agnst bama... overall i would like to see the spread with a gillislee draw everynow and then...part of me cant wait for demps or moody to go cuz gillislee is an awesome back

i wasnt surprised we stunk it up against bama on offense i had a feeling we would from the ark, miss st. and other games where we let crap defenses get to us its not gonna be hard for bama

^yep looked he did to from the cinci game

and now that cooper and hernandez are gone its gonna be fun watching the new star receivers step up too

cant wait till september

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema