• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Not that athletic on defense?

GoGators01

Gator Fan
I was just watching 1st and 10 and skip bayless and robert griffin both said florida doesnt look that athletic on defense. they both picked them to win today. do you guys agree with their comments about the defense?

The Zooker

VIP Member
I was just watching 1st and 10 and skip bayless and robert griffin both said florida doesnt look that athletic on defense. they both picked them to win today. do you guys agree with their comments about the defense?

Pretty ridiculous of them. The problem with our D isn't athleticism, it's blown assignments. The only area we lack pure athleticism at is defensive end. But even that is a relative statement. You can't always expect to have a 6'6" 285 DE who can run a 4.5. We're just spoiled to have them around usually.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Yup. Brown is athletic, but gets dazzled easily by bright shiny things. They have chemistry issues between Will Hill and Jeremy Brown with handing off streaking receivers. Athletic? Yes. Dumb-as-doornails? Not quite. Inexperienced as a unit? Sure looks that way.

i hope to see floyd starting after the great game he had last week

23lfaqg.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We ARE in need of some BEASTS along the D-line, especially at DE. Just ONE, playing along side Floyd, would make the difference, don't ya think?
As for our secondary: fast, athletic (Bayless has ALWAYS had his head up his a**), but "inexperienced" is one way of analyzing it ("dumb as doornails" may be another)...whatever the explanation, there sure is a lack of recognition and communication back there.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Apparently Urban Liar has a problem starting seniors ever thought his so called" leaders" or seniors lack athleticism and skill to compete in the sec. He needs to stop spinning every thing " they are just not ready" blah blah blah. He refuses to be honest about practices and its painful to watch his ridiculous post and pre game press conferences. He closed practices as a punishment to the media and to not distract his players. Well that has not worked. The players are obviously distracted by something cause they cant play a lick of decent football.

Apparently Urban Liar has a problem starting seniors ever thought his so called" leaders" or seniors lack athleticism and skill to compete in the sec. He needs to stop spinning every thing " they are just not ready" blah blah blah. He refuses to be honest about practices and its painful to watch his ridiculous post and pre game press conferences. He closed practices as a punishment to the media and to not distract his players. Well that has not worked. The players are obviously distracted by something cause they cant play a lick of decent football.
exactly when he says our WR's cant learn the routes i just laugh now cuz its BS our routes are about as easy and short as they can get

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
well hell i think the problem is not athleticism its playing 45 minutes a game, because our offense sucks ass.

Yes, our "D" has problems, weak points, but even most of these are exaggerated by the failures on offense, as you say. Tonight's offensive play was an extreme display of futility, highlighted by the time-of-possession disparity that if anything was WORSE while the game was still on-the-line score-wise: our defense was worn out by the middle of the 2nd qtr., for crying out loud.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Anybody seen the Blind Side?

Where Leigh Anne Tuohy called the HS coach to tell him make changes and he hang up on her. I wish she would called Meyer's or Addazio's cell phone during the game (I'm hoping though don't know if she did that in real life). Maybe she should be the Offensive Coordinator for the Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is always the danger with the "hurry up" used all game. You know that going IN. The idea is to "put it all on the line", make it not just "fast" but "fast BREAK", right? It requires an aggressive, imaginative approach across-the-board. Get THEM on their heels, make THEM tired, don't stop 'til you score! You can't try to "hedge". You can NOT be conservative. You can not run your offense in such a way that EVERYONE, the fans, the opposing coaches, THE ANNOUNCERS for crying out loud know what you're going to do when this guy is under center, that guy is in the shotgun, etc.

crmixon

Gator Fan
You could put anyone in the defense and you would still have problems when they have to play for 45 mins. No time to rest. No time to go over their play and make adjustments. Generally speaking you get adjustments and communicate about the game when you are on the side line. They are asked to play by feel all game since we can't get the offense to hold the ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema