• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

No. 1 Florida doesn't possess aura of past title teams

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/02/13/road.tourney/

Remember the aura that surrounded those great UNLV teams of the early '90s? When Larry Johnson, Greg Anthony & Co. walked onto the court, you could see the flashbulbs going off around the arena like a rock band was entering the stage.

What about the Jason Williams-Mike Dunleavy-Carlos Boozer Duke teams a few years back? You couldn't watch college basketball for more than 20 minutes without seeing highlights of that team (or Dick Vitale's comments about them).

Question: Why aren't the 2006-07 Florida Gators receiving that same kind of treatment? You know, those guys who happen to be the defending national champions, returned all five starters and are once again the No. 1 team in the country? While the talking heads have spent much of the past few months falling all over themselves talking about Kevin Durant, Greg Oden, Alando Tucker and the baby Tar Heels, Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Corey Brewer & Co. have somehow managed to roll off 16 consecutive victories while largely avoiding the national spotlight. (Florida has appeared on national television just four times this season.)

In Urban I Trust

Bull Gator
not being in the spotlight has its advantages, but the thing i dont like about it is that were never on TV, at least not in baltimore.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I think we have one ESPN game left, and that might be the Kentucky game again.

It sucks that you don't get sunshine up there, but can't you hit up a sports bar with a dish ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema