• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New leader (UPDATED)

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Anyway, not only is E- right from a purely practical POV, Shanahan himself has essentially disqualified himself from ever coming back--he has virtually ignored/denied his time at UF, it's importance in his growth as an offensive innovator (the original "Florida Fun'n'Gun Offense" was once called, during his time here, the "Shanahan Fun'n'Gun"...it was of course revived/renamed once SS moved in), AND his very stature as a coach early in his career. He never speaks of it or gives us any credit, even used to leave it off his public resume, for some reason. No, it's unclear why at least to us Gators, but the deal is, "He doesn't want any part of us, so we don't want any part of him!" Childish, maybe, but "He started it!" (said in proper "whiny tone" like a tattling 9-yr-old).

Really? He leaves his time at UF off his resume? I got a song for him, I post it in another topic.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
My heart says that Will Muschamp can stay if the injuries really are the culprit, but Brent Pease must go (how many 100th-ranked offenses must we suffer through).

Kerwin Bell still needs to build up a winning resume before I am sold on him as OC.

Mike Shanahan was the OC during a tough period. The Gators were coming off their 0-10-1 season, then heading into the beginnings of the NCAA sanctions. Shanahan's family did not join him in Gainesville during those years, so I cut him some slack if he does not speak fondly of his UF days.

awebbf5

VIP Member
I called Jeremy Foley s office number today and got thru, I wasn't a ass but voiced my opinion to his secretary , finally I asked may I speak to him , she responded he is in a meeting , I said is it about firing muschamp? She replied sir idk , and I said well tell him to look at that stadium Saturday and it will only get worse and said thank you for your time and please relay my message.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
hey All, what do you all think of Kerwin Bell as OC? He coaches at my alma mater Jacksonville University.
I think he's ready now, and he fits: a Gator thru' & thru'. I'm all for him as a replacement for Pease. Of course, if there's a change at Head Coach, that choice will be HIS, but in the event of the scenario E- foresees, Bell's one of a very few who'd be right for it, I think, in every way.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
hey All, what do you all think of Kerwin Bell as OC? He coaches at my alma mater Jacksonville University.
I think he's ready for the "big time challenge"--but will he stand up to Muschamp? 'Cause that's what it will take--just one of the many pitfalls of changing the OC only, and forcing on him someone not of his choosing to run a more dynamic (how could it NOT be?) offense. Emotionally I'm all for it (and not simply because he's "someone other than Pease", but frankly, from a purely practical POV I just don't know enough about what he's done at JU, the way he's done it and his overall philosophy-of-offense, to say if it's" he right choice" or not. My impression, from what I do know, is that he'll be "that guy" at some point...The question is whether he's ready to step in and step up, ready to take that last step "up to the bigs" here at his alma mater. It'll be a big job--and a shame if he's put in a difficult situation too early, bad timing: ie. "the right guy in the wrong job".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I called Jeremy Foley s office number today and got thru, I wasn't a ass but voiced my opinion to his secretary , finally I asked may I speak to him , she responded he is in a meeting , I said is it about firing muschamp? She replied sir idk , and I said well tell him to look at that stadium Saturday and it will only get worse and said thank you for your time and please relay my message.
THAT was an awesome move, aweb. I'm thinking each of us would do well to follow your lead, add our voices to a "growing crescendo" (that's the idea, anyway--to give just that impression) of serious and thoughtful fans (Ha! If only they knew...) who will accept nothing less--and may well cry for stronger action, and soon, if this step at least is not taken. I'm giving it some thought, and plan to make a call to that office as well, have my say in a calm fashion as you apparently did. Let's really SPEAK for everyone else!

awebbf5

VIP Member
THAT was an aande move, aweb. I'm thinking each of us would do well to follow your lead, add our voices to a "growing crescendo" (that's the idea, anyway--to give just that impression) of serious and thoughtful fans (Ha! If only they knew...) who will accept nothing less--and may well cry for stronger action, and soon, if this step at least is not taken. I'm giving it some thought, and plan to make a call to that office as well, have my say in a calm fashion as you apparently did. Let's really SPEAK for everyone else!
Well dru enough is enough our program is being destroyed and i know my call alone won't change anything but I be damned if I sit by without doing something. I still wearmy gator gear here in lexington and when their fans can say you all are almost as bad as us its time for a damn change.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema