• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nancy Pelosi puts nation's business ahead of BCS title game

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco) is the grinch who stole the Bowl Championship Series title game.
Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) made a perfectly reasonable request, asking Pelosi to back off on House business Thursday night and Friday so that members from Florida and Oklahoma could attend the game between the Gators and Sooners on Thursday night in Miami.
One thing the House is supposed to do Thursday afternoon is certify the Electoral College vote for Barack Obama as president.
That can't wait?
Apparently not. Pelosi said no.
What does she know about football? She went to Trinity College in Washington, which doesn't have a team.
Besides, the Florida and Oklahoma delegations are heavily Republican.
-- Randy Harvey

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Screw Nancy Pelosi. If I were representing Florida in Congress, I'd keep track of the game on my cell phone just to spite her while the voting was going on.

inthestands

Gator Fan
Yeah this definately could have waited. This congress hasn't done anything in about 4 years anyways other than vote to change the names of a few post offices, and let's not pretend that Pelosi a.k.a. super bit@# has the country's best interest at heart anyways. She hasn't cared about the country her whole life, I don't believe she started today.

GRITS523

Gator Fan
I love Cliff Stearns. I'm proud to call him my Congressman. :D Nancy Pelosi needs to learn to have some fun and be down to Earth like every other American. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema