• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Myer ruining a players chance for the NFL

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
This mostly has to do with Marcus Thomas, but I recently heard that Urban Meyer said something along the lines of "I'll hurt your chances of playing in the NFL by bad talking you to NFL Scouts and GMs".

What do you think about a coach's right to talk a player down to scouts. I mean, we want Meyer to be honest. But this isn't something he should just come and and say publicly.

awebbf5

VIP Member
neither should a team running on the field and dancing because they've been owned for the past couple of years,in a rivalry game,last i checked teams got pretty pumped for those games.

dawgystyle

Gator Fan
if you think that celebrating after a touchdown is equal to telling a young kid you are going to ruin his future, you my friend are no better than the scum bags who say this type of thing!

oh and by the way the whole country is making fun of UF for still "crying" over the celebration. get over it already you lost we won, even tebow said all it did was get him pumped up and he thought it was a good call from Coach Richt. so I would recomend you my friend follow tebows leadership instead of meyers whinning.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Thats right it did get tebow pumped so in november when tebow runs all over you guys,remember you made your grave now lay in it,and i never said anything was equal,i said it shouldnt be tolerated,but once again georgia has as much class as florida state.As far as our head coach goes,hes probably the classiest guy in the ncaa,he actually kicks off and suspends guys who cant get with the program so we dont turn into thug u.

if you think that celebrating after a touchdown is equal to telling a young kid you are going to ruin his future, you my friend are no better than the scum bags who say this type of thing!

oh and by the way the whole country is making fun of UF for still "crying" over the celebration. get over it already you lost we won, even tebow said all it did was get him pumped up and he thought it was a good call from Coach Richt. so I would recomend you my friend follow tebows leadership instead of meyers whinning.

And you, my friend need to re-take 5th grade English.

dawgystyle

Gator Fan
Thats right it did get tebow pumped so in november when tebow runs all over you guys,remember you made your grave now lay in it,and i never said anything was equal,i said it shouldnt be tolerated,but once again georgia has as much class as florida state.As far as our head coach goes,hes probably the classiest guy in the ncaa,he actually kicks off and suspends guys who cant get with the program so we dont turn into thug u.

he had all game to do it this past year, but could not! what makes you think that will change this year?

awebbf5

VIP Member
Ok you got a injured tebow,you cant stop a pissed off 100 percent tebow,plus a good young defense with a year under their belt,also moody and rainey will be in full force.Just remember this is gator country you're not gonna get any love here.Go to your georgia board and post about how stafford is so much better than tebow and all the dumb stuff you georgia fans think.Be prepared to get it dawgystyle in jacksonville this year!If you cant understand what i just said i'll put it on your level, CHOMP,gator bait.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Damn Dawgystyle! You're always pissing someone off here. I gotta admit you're one of my favorite posters though. Sports is more fun when you have somebody to argue with about it. Keep it coming!

dawgystyle

Gator Fan
Damn Dawgystyle! You're always pissing someone off here. I gotta admit you're one of my favorite posters though. Sports is more fun when you have somebody to argue with about it. Keep it coming!
yea it adds a lil spice to the conversation when you have a rival in it. Its all in good fun though. some people take me a little to seriously sometimes.

alright back to the topic at hand, yes I will admit that tebow was not himself that game with the sore non-throwing shoulder injury but tebow did not lose that game for UF. 30 points should be enough to beat anyone in the country, but your defense could not stop 24/7. and what makes you think they will be able to this year? is it all of those young stud safetys, oh wait most of them are gone.

Ive been thinking about this since Tebow took the reigns. urban myers does not care about our boys futures, he either runs their life or runs em' like horses till their beaten and battered and used up before the draft. I love gator football but urban myers leaves a bad taste in my mouth after each season even after getting the rings.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Ive been thinking about this since Tebow took the reigns. urban myers does not care about our boys futures, he either runs their life or runs em' like horses till their beaten and battered and used up before the draft. I love gator football but urban myers leaves a bad taste in my mouth after each season even after getting the rings.

I disagree with you; if Coach Meyer didn't care about our kids they'd be getting in trouble constantly, would be mediocre in the classroom, and wouldn't perform on the field. If he didn't care about their future, I highly doubt he would have taken trips to Jacksonville or Foxboro to see how our guys are doing in the pros.

After three years of Ron Zook, Meyer has our football program headed back in the right direciton. There's no way Zook could have developed Tim Tebow into the quarterback he is now, and had he still been here in 2006 we would have stood a snowball's chance in hell of contending for the NC. Trust me, I was a VERY happy Gator fan on 10/25/04 when Machen & Foley finally decided to can Zook. Enough was enough.

I disagree with you; if Coach Meyer didn't care about our kids they'd be getting in trouble constantly, would be mediocre in the classroom, and wouldn't perform on the field. If he didn't care about their future, I highly doubt he would have taken trips to Jacksonville or Foxboro to see how our guys are doing in the pros.

After three years of Ron Zook, Meyer has our football program headed back in the right direciton. There's no way Zook could have developed Tim Tebow into the quarterback he is now, and had he still been here in 2006 we would have stood a snowball's chance in hell of contending for the NC. Trust me, I was a VERY happy Gator fan on 10/25/04 when Machen & Foley finally decided to can Zook. Enough was enough.

donated for good point

he did take care of tony joiner with his stupid bs.

I just get worried about the way he runs our boys... and Im sick of these UM fans running their mouth that they put all these kids in the nfl. Im scared that Tebow/harvin will be all used up when it comes to be his time in the nfl.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
donated for good point

he did take care of tony joiner with his stupid bs.

I just get worried about the way he runs our boys... and Im sick of these UM fans running their mouth that they put all these kids in the nfl. Im scared that Tebow/harvin will be all used up when it comes to be his time in the nfl.

With the exception of the Jamar Horsnby episode, our guys have stayed out of trouble for the most part. Compared with their SEC counterparts the Gators are setting an example here heading into the 2008 season, and part of the credit for that I attribute to Coach Meyer. I heard him speak at the Gator Gathering in Orlando this year, and he freely admitted to having let down his guard a little after 2006 when he shouldn't have. If he took one thing away from 2007, it was to never take anything for granted.

Personally I'm glad he's tough on our kids. After the "Ron Zook Country Club" atmosphere in the Gator locker room where our kids sloughed off in the weight room, weren't properly prepared for gameday and had no solid leadership coming from the coaching staff the changes Meyer made were, IMHO, for the better. Meyer doesn't let the tail wag the dog, unlike Zook. Testament to the lack of leadership under Zook were the "players-only" meetings where our kids were forced to take the initiative to solve some of the team's problems, and it's already happened up in Illinois already after this spring.

As far as the NFL goes, some of our players will make it in the pros and some won't. Only the best of the best will get the million-dollar contracts and be successful in that league and some won't; success at that level isn't guaranteed. If Meyer wants one thing for our guys, it's that they graduate and take a degree away from UF - which is more substantial than an NFL contract. Pro football may only provide them with a living on a short-term basis, but a college degree can help provide them with a career and a living on the long-term.

bullg8rdaddy

Gator Fan
As far as the NFL goes, some of our players will make it in the pros and some won't. Only the best of the best will get the million-dollar contracts and be successful in that league and some won't; success at that level isn't guaranteed. If Meyer wants one thing for our guys, it's that they graduate and take a degree away from UF - which is more substantial than an NFL contract. Pro football may only provide them with a living on a short-term basis, but a college degree can help provide them with a career and a living on the long-term.

Bingo! Couldn't have said it better.

With the exception of the Jamar Horsnby episode, our guys have stayed out of trouble for the most part. Compared with their SEC counterparts the Gators are setting an example here heading into the 2008 season, and part of the credit for that I attribute to Coach Meyer. I heard him speak at the Gator Gathering in Orlando this year, and he freely admitted to having let down his guard a little after 2006 when he shouldn't have. If he took one thing away from 2007, it was to never take anything for granted.

Personally I'm glad he's tough on our kids. After the "Ron Zook Country Club" atmosphere in the Gator locker room where our kids sloughed off in the weight room, weren't properly prepared for gameday and had no solid leadership coming from the coaching staff the changes Meyer made were, IMHO, for the better. Meyer doesn't let the tail wag the dog, unlike Zook. Testament to the lack of leadership under Zook were the "players-only" meetings where our kids were forced to take the initiative to solve some of the team's problems, and it's already happened up in Illinois already after this spring.

well put

I cant wait for AUG 30th!

castawaygator

VIP Member
This mostly has to do with Marcus Thomas, but I recently heard that Urban Meyer said something along the lines of "I'll hurt your chances of playing in the NFL by bad talking you to NFL Scouts and GMs".

What do you think about a coach's right to talk a player down to scouts. I mean, we want Meyer to be honest. But this isn't something he should just come and and say publicly.

didn't Marcus Thomas screw himself up with the scouts with the drugs? i think everything became PUBLIC when he was thrown off the team.
since he was kicked off the team i would have no problem with a coach not recommending him or any other player in his position to be a highly recruited nfl player.

i would think the nfl teams want a good player not a headache that may play well for some time then blowup on them.
for example, look at ricki williams from texas to the dolphins. he could have been a great one, but now he is a looser caring more about pot than the lavish lifestyle, and role model status he could have had. its not everyday that a person can become that rich and famous doing a job they enjoy! what a fool.

unfortunately, there are always going to be players that can not control themselves in public life.

the question i do they deserve to have the same prized status as the players that can control themselves.

another example is Ryan Perrilloux from LSU, clearly it does matter that the player needs to control themselves regardless of how good they are as a player.

who cares about the raw talent of a player if you can not use it!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema