• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Muschamp says conditioning has Gators in good shape

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Can't overstate the importance of Mickey, and the advantage the players' involvement in and commitment to his non-stop, all-year conditioning approach (not to mention its unique nature) gives our program over most others.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Conditioning wasn't the problem since Meyer arrived (it sucked when Zook was there). Then again Mickey is the reason for that.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Conditioning and speed were never an issue under Meyer. Discipline and execution would come and go, just as it does with any team. Mus-Chomp inherited a good team poised for greatness (this year or next...we can debate that for another 161 days).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No trouble with our conditioning since Meyer or Mickey got here. Cupboard far from bare, either.
The trouble with this closed spring-practice is all we've got are the optimistic, positive-spin pronouncements from the coaches...I find myself catching that upbeat enthusiasm, feeling more and more optimistic about our team and the coming year--with no actual objective data or observation of my own!
I wish we had some more to go on, even if it were of a more general nature. I'm hearing mostly really good things, but I'm fighting to reserve judgment--a battle I suspect I'm losing. I just don't want to place unrealistic expectations on this team. So much talent and promise, but I came out of last season and subsequent events, Meyer's resignation and the Bowl game, feeling we were perhaps a season away from realizing potential greatness.
It would be all too easy to get ahead of ourselves again, expect too much too fast--and not enjoy the ride, the ups and downs that will lead eventually to great success.

sharrif floyd is down to 290 so he should be a little quicker and he was already pretty damn fast

powell is gonna be a beast at the buck position, i expect green and martin to to have great seasons too at DE and hopefully howard, hunter, easely all those guys can do the same

we got a ton at CB and with shaw moving to S i feel like we're good there too

should be a tough defense cant wait till september!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
sharrif floyd is down to 290 so he should be a little quicker and he was already pretty damn fast

powell is gonna be a beast at the buck position, i expect green and martin to to have great seasons too at DE and hopefully howard, hunter, easely all those guys can do the same

we got a ton at CB and with shaw moving to S i feel like we're good there too

should be a tough defense cant wait till september!

I'm hearing this stuff myself, as I say, but I don't know how much of it is from first-hand observation...even THAT makes it second-hand, at best, but I'd at least feel a LITTLE better if y'all were telling me YOU saw these things, the workouts, practices and scrimmages, talked to players and coaches yourselves--rather than having to get it all from press-releases and "sources close to the team".
Don't get me wrong--I understand and to a great extent agree with the decision to keep the press and public at arm's length through the Spring; I'm not angry about it, only a bit frustrated and starved for info.
I'm getting excited too--probably inevitable, but all the mainly "Happy News" isn't helping. I keep having to remind myself to stay calm, reserve judgment somewhat 'til I actually SEE what we're putting on the field, at least. Hard to do.
It's Gator Football, after all. Everything else is merely distraction, filling days and passing time until late August.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...Meanwhile, all the conditioning in the world can't overcome bad luck: Mack Brown breaking his leg earlier this week casts a shadow over all the preparation, hard work and positive outlook. We're going to need him to begin living up to promise and expectation this season, and now it'll be at least 3 months before he'll even see the field again.
The fact is, this team has some depth questions to go with the wholesale changes taking place in coaching, personnel and scheming on both sides of the ball. While I am confident about our long term growth and eventual dominance, we'll need some luck to even contest the SEC East this year--we don't have much room for "unfortunate set backs".

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I feel like we didn't have a lot of team strength last year. Hopefully we are hitting the weights a little bit harder this spring.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema