• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Muschamp looking to replace Weis with… Mike Shula?

News Bot

News Bot
Yesterday Gator Nation was elated over the news that Charlie Weis was leaving as Florida’s offensive coordinator to become the head coach at Kansas. Less than 24 hours later, that elation is set to turn to deflation on some fan fronts. According to longtime Gainesville Sun UF beat writer Robbie Andreu, Gators head coach Will…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
"Aw, hell..."--that's my FIRST take.
'Course, my whole impression of him has been from afar, failing "out front" as Head Coach at 'Bama, doing well "behind-the-scenes" as an assistant in the League...while I can see our Head Coach's "pro-connections-good-for-recruiting"-thinking, and Shula's success with quarterbacks (Newton his latest and most spectacularly fast and effective prep) AND extensive background in pro-style offenses, as for being an "inspiring hire", it just hits with a resounding "THUD".
After the whole Weis-experience, I had hoped Coach M would head in a different, more imaginative and adventurous direction...what does he really have to lose, at this point? Mike Shula as his "first choice" now is hardly a "bold move"--it's more like trying to "do Weis" again, only a third-rate version. Hope I'm wrong (getting sick of saying that about so MANY of my impressions of what is happening to our Program); hope even MORE that this "story" is wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema