• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mike Bianchi rips Gator fanbase

UFtb

VIP Member
Bianchi is the ultimate homer, this article of his contridicts everything he says and does.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I think he makes some valid points. At times, Gator fans can be over the top and over critical of their teams, even when they win. We expect perfection every time they take the field.

But I think that's something all major schools fans, coaches and players want. Winning is great, but sometimes winning isn't everything.

GatorGal15

VIP Member
I think he makes some valid points. At times, Gator fans can be over the top and over critical of their teams, even when they win. We expect perfection every time they take the field.

But I think that's something all major schools fans, coaches and players want. Winning is great, but sometimes winning isn't everything.

I do agree.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
He's right that sometimes Gator fans criticize too much. But as Mr2Bits said earlier, that happens at any major college football school.

gogators9606

Gator Fan

I to agree.... We expect to win and to win big every Saturday. Trust me I live in Alabama and they are satisfied if they win the Iron Bowl( or what I call the Toilet Bowl) We expect a national title every year and thats why we get the best of the best to come play for us. :gator:

GO GATORS

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

"Expect perfection" is absolutely right - and this type of Gator fan who goes into complete meltdown and starts all the silly rants after a loss makes the rest of us look stupid.

I couldn't believe some of the silly crap I was reading during 2006 when we were en route to winning the National Championship. For crying out loud we WON the damn game, and still some Gator fans were complaining about the offense and the coaching. Totally ridiculous!

No wonder why Steve Spurrier left back in 2002; in spite of his raising the bar and bringing Gator football up to the level of the elite college programs in the country it seems that he couldn't live up to the lofty expectations of some of our fanbase. After the three-year Ron Zook Disaster due to Jeremy Foley's hiring of somebody who clearly was the wrong fit for the position, you would think that some fans would have learned a lesson from that - but seeing how much they're lambasting Urban Meyer, who is restoring Gator football back to that same level that SOS established, makes it apparent that they haven't learned a damn thing.

Every football team goes through its periods of "peaks and valleys", and the Gators are no exception to that rule - in spite of the fact that the perfectionists think and expect otherwise. Hate to say it to this group, but we don't live in a perfect world.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Since everyone knows he went to UF, Bianchi probably just writes these articles so FSU and Miami fans don't accuse him of being a homer.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
........ from bianchi article.
Gator Nation was still dissatisfied. And that's why Saturday night's victory was so huge. Meyer and the Gators desperately needed to quell the noxious noise in the system
The whole premise of his diatribe seems to be that the Gator's Coaches care, what his (bianci) or fan opinions are about their strategies. To propose that the motivation to win saturday had anything to do with the chirping from the "peanut gallery" is naiive at best.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
........ from bianchi article.

The whole premise of his diatribe seems to be that the Gator's Coaches care, what his (bianci) or fan opinions are about their strategies. To propose that the motivation to win saturday had anything to do with the chirping from the "peanut gallery" is naiive at best.

One huge difference between Meyer and the Zooker: Meyer could care less about what the media pundits say whereas Zook was moved by what was said and let things get to him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema