• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Media Predictions for 2023 Florida Gators

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Meanwhile, we continue to get nailed, denigrated from every angle it seems...the latest being Stewart Mandel, one of the top writers at The Athletic, who basically picked UF to go 4-and-8 and for Billy Napier to be fired before the season is even over. There are all kinds of reasons I think he is WAY off, even more that it won't happen in ANY scenario short of some huge socio-behavioral disaster.
Now, on a "fearing-the-tea-leaves"-note, we've all been more or less holding our peace, tip-towing around the anticipated eventual arrival and installation of DJ Lagway. So much to hope for but still feeling so far off, really...But I was privy to watching a complete game replay of DJ's opening '23 season game as a HS Senior a little north of us here in South Central Texas yesterday (friend's family from there, longtime boosters of his school, recorded whole game), and I can at least tell you that he really lit things up in that one. Well over 400 yards through the air, pin point passing short, medium and long for multiple TDs.
The kid was sharp, the proverbial "man among boys". Once he masters the playbook here and catches up to SEC speed, he may indeed be just what we've been groping for, hoping against hope to finally land here--ready to lead an old-fashioned unstoppable Gator air-it-out offense.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Time to hold onto the “receipts” as the media makes their predictions.

CBS Sports
Gatorswire reports that CBS Sports analyst Barrett Salle has the Gators finishing 4th in SEC East. Everyone else has Florida finishing 5th, just like last year. (Link)

The Athletic
Stewart Mandel has the Gators finishing last in the SEC East and possibly getting fired. (Link)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Time to hold onto the “receipts” as the media makes their predictions.

CBS Sports
Gatorswire reports that CBS Sports analyst Barrett Salle has the Gators finishing 4th in SEC East. Everyone else has Florida finishing 5th, just like last year. (Link)

The Athletic
Stewart Mandel has the Gators finishing last in the SEC East and possibly getting fired. (Link)
Yeah yeah yeah...Yada Yada Yada.
Finally: Time to GET ON WITH IT.
Hard to see success in '23 as anything but "hit or miss"--at best an up'n'down thing where most "ups" are to some extent "a season or two early".
Still, we'd sure LOVE to be wrong--a solid winning record, Billy and his team shutting them ALL up and serving notice:
"NOW ARRIVING ON TRACK ONE."
Me, I suppose I will be satisfied, even encouraged with 7 and 5...anything more has us solidly "on the come"...but there's that little voice inside that keeps whispering,
"...but wouldn't it be great IF...?"

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
20 minutes into this first game is making the naysayers look like geniuses.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah...Well, as it turns out, the whole game turned out to be pretty well one long SHIT-SHOW:
A cavalcade of past flaws and ill-timed errors:
A star-studded review of mediocrity.
We all wanted SO badly to see the "naysayers" found wanting--as my college French teacher used to say, "...their noses rubbed in KAKA, mes enfants!".
Instead it is US who are prostrate, our faces pressed to the ground while rivals howl with glee.
Can it possibly get worse? I surely DON'T CARE to find OUT. For now, that means just taking more abuse, with little end in sight.
When do things begin to EASE? When do we finally begin to GET BETTER, as eternally PROMISED??!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema