• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Matt Patchan

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I know the Matt Patchan shooting wasn't very serious and he will be fine, but the lack of coverage in his hometown bay area is pretty bad. I can't get any of the facts of the story. I know he was a bystander in a Brandon park and he was shot in the shoulder. Does anyone know anymore info?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
All I know is what ESPN is saying:

University of Florida defensive lineman Matt Patchan is recovering after being shot in the shoulder while at a Tampa-area park. Florida coach Urban Meyer said in a statement issued Monday that Patchan is expected to fully recover. Patchan, who was shot Friday night at Sadie Park in Brandon, sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

The 6-foot-7, 265-pound Patchan enrolled early at Florida in January after graduating from high school.

Patchan's high school coach, Sean Callahan, said the former offensive lineman told him that "he's fine."

"I don't know what he was doing there or why they were there," Callahan, of Armwood High School in Seffner, Fla., told the St. Petersburg Times. "I don't know all the details. I just know he went to the Brandon hospital. They left [the bullet] in. It's not serious. It's in the soft tissue."

The coach told the newspaper that Patchan is back in Gainesville and is expected to visit doctors at Shands Hospital on Monday.

Reached by phone Monday morning by the St. Petersburg Times, Patchan declined to comment.

"I've gotta go, I can't talk about it,'' Patchan said.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Based on what I've read, Patchan was in the wrong place at the wrong time. At least we know he'll be OK and ready to go in August when two-a-days roll around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema