• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Marquette heading into Florida matchup with distraction

News Bot

News Bot
Marquette’s second straight trip to the Sweet 16 hasn’t gotten off to the best start.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Tuesday that six Marquette players were ticketed for being underage at a downtown Milwaukee nightclub. The incident took place on Jan. 29, though the tickets weren’t served until March 12.
Players involved included Todd Mayo, 20, a freshman guard (and younger brother of Memphis Grizzles guard O.J. Mayo) ; Vander Blue, 19, a sophomore guard; Jamail Jones, 19, a sophomore forward; Juan Anderson, 18, a freshman forward; Derrick Wilson, 20, a freshman guard; and Jake Thomas, 20, a junior guard.
Marquette athletic director Larry Williams said discipline was handled internally at the time of the incident and that all six players will play Thursday against the Gators.
Marquette coach Buzz Williams offered a terse opening statement about the incident in his Tuesday news conference before heading to Phoenix.
“That was handled Jan. 29 with our team, it was a Sunday morning, it was handled by our administration Jan. 30,” Williams said. “Some of the commentary, some of the quotes, some of the dates, not sure how all of that matches up. But I’ll do my absolute best to figure out how that’s played itself out.”

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If that were us, the whole "Nation of Haters and Trolls" would be hollering for our heads, screaming about "out of control and swept under the rug", and disparaging us once again as "thugs"...but THESE guys pull a full-on, 6-athlete "Urban Meyer" and its a footnote/press release about "handled internally and moved on"...Now, I don't really care about this deal, I mean, we'll play the team that shows up--but it's clear that a "major northeastern basketball power" is treated differently by the sports media than, for example, SEC football programs... (Hmmm...isn't ESPN, along with some of the most powerful stations, newspapers and news organizations in America, headquartered in the northeast?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema