• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

mark richt opening his big mouth now

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
It seems Richt is unhappy about that. At a booster club meeting in Columbus, Ga., last week, Richt was asked whether the Georgia-Florida game should be played in Georgia sometimes. His response:
“I don’t know what’s going to happen. But when people ask me the question, ‘Do you really think [Jacksonville] is a neutral site?’ I say, ‘No, it’s not neutral.’ When you play in the state of Florida every year –- we fly, they drive; it’s hotter for us, it’s cooler for them. It’s played in a stadium that [used to be called] the Gator Bowl. But what the heck? If nothing else, we’ll make Jacksonville pay more to keep it there. . . . I wouldn’t feel bad having a ‘neutral site’ game in Georgia – in the Georgia Dome.”
The rest of the story is HERE

gdubb

Gator Fan
i wish they did play in athens....i live like 30min from there...them ga whould have to go 2 the swamp 2...

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Living in Jacksonville, I look forward to the FL vs. GA game every year... Richt can complain all he wants but the truth is, at kickoff half the stadium is orange and blue and half the stadium is red and black. Don't give me crap about the Gators driving and the Bulldogs flying... they arrive in plenty of time to acclimate to the "warmer" weather.

UGA wasn't complaining back in the 60s-70s-80s when they owned the Gators.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Boo-hoo-hoo - Urban gives Richt a dose of his own medicine last year in Jax, and now he's wihining about the venue for the WLOCP. It's been played in Jax for decades now, and I saw leave it there.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Living in Jacksonville, I look forward to the FL vs. GA game every year... Richt can complain all he wants but the truth is, at kickoff half the stadium is orange and blue and half the stadium is red and black. Don't give me crap about the Gators driving and the Bulldogs flying... they arrive in plenty of time to acclimate to the "warmer" weather.

UGA wasn't complaining back in the 60s-70s-80s when they owned the Gators.

Exactly! If Richt's boys could win a game more than every 5 or 6 years, there would be no complaint. The stadium in Jacksonville is about as neutral as a crowd can get.

The city of Jacksonville will not let this game leave. Not only is it tradition but it brings a ton of money to the city. Even if it did happen it wouldn't be a bad thing to play in the Georgia Dome. The Dome is like a second home to us, we do nothing but win there wether it be football or basketball. Either way we are going to continue to dominate Richt and the Puppies, I mean Dawgs.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Jeremy Fowler posts some good reasons in his blog to keep the WLOCP in Jax: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2009/05/gators-brass-keeping-floridageorgia-game-in-jax-makes-financial-sense.html#more

As much as I have a disdain for the media, Tony Barnhart at the AJC is one of the very few I have any respect for. Well-written article on why the game should stay in Jax: http://blogs.ajc.com/barnhart-college-football/2009/05/19/why-the-georgia-florida-game-will-stay-in-jax/?cxntfid=blogs_barnhart_college_football

I was told there was mention on one the network shows that they are considering moving the Game to Charlotte NC ....for my own selfish reasons I would love that ( about an hour away & access to free prime parking 3 blocks from the stadium) but as many have said the tradition would be lost by moving it. As it is I am about 5 hours from Jax not an easy trip for me

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I was told there was mention on one the network shows that they are considering moving the Game to Charlotte NC ....for my own selfish reasons I would love that ( about an hour away & access to free prime parking 3 blocks from the stadium) but as many have said the tradition would be lost by moving it. As it is I am about 5 hours from Jax not an easy trip for me

There is NO WAY the WLOCP moves out of SEC country.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Former UGA-Florida QBs offer views on moving game

A tale of three quarterbacks … one rivalry

Former Florida quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Danny Wuerffel and former Georgia quarterbacks Buck Belue and John Lastinger have similar views on one important question:
Should the annual Georgia-Florida football game be moved from Jacksonville?

DANNY WUERFFEL, 1993-96

• During my sophomore and junior years at Florida, the stadium in Jacksonville was being renovated for the Jaguars, and I had a unique opportunity — I played games in Gainesville and Athens.

Many of the details of the alternating home games have gotten lost in my mind with the dozens of other home and away games in which I had participated. The games that stand out, for lots of different reasons, were in Jacksonville.

The splitting of the stands evenly between Gators and Dawgs, the excitement of a neutral field, the enthusiasm of the fans as part of “the world’s largest outdoor cocktail party” and the significance of the rivalry all combined to provide one of the most unique and memorable college football venues ever.

Why change that? I loved playing in the Florida-Georgia games in Jacksonville, and I love going back as a fan. Without any hesitation, I believe the Florida-Georgia game should stay in Jacksonville.
The other 2 qb's views on moving the game are HERE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema