• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lou Holtz visit to Gainesville

Swampman

VIP Member
GAINESVILLE — Former Notre Dame and South Carolina coach (and current ESPN talking head) Lou Holtz visited Florida practice Monday morning, spoke with several players and gave Urban Meyer his take on the team.

The two coaches have history together. Holtz hired Meyer as wide receivers coach at Notre Dame in 1996. Monday, Meyer called Holtz (pictured, back in his USC days) the”greatest motivator I’ve ever been around.”

holtz.jpg

“Obviously he’s an encyclopedia of college football, a resource,” Meyer said. “I wanted him to come watch our practice.”

Meyer said Holtz, who wore a blue Florida cap and carried an item of Gator clothing as he left the practice fieldk, wanted to see for himself if Tim Tebow could throw. “I think he was pretty impressed,” Meyer said.

preachinGator

VIP Member
Lou Holtz

What will impress me is when Tebow and Company (defense included) show the college world that the GATORS are for real. I "believe" they can do it, now they have to BELIEVE!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema