• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lockout could impact Tyus

News Bot

News Bot
Alex Tyus plans to watch the NBA draft tonight with his wife in Gainesville.
But the former Gator forward doesn’t expect to hear his name called in the top two rounds.
“Anything can happen, but I’m not expecting it,” Tyus said.
Still, Tyus said he came away encouraged after taking part in workouts with the Phoenix Suns, New Jersey Nets, Detroit Pistons and Oklahoma City Thunder.
“I think I pretty much found out that I definitely could play in the NBA,” Tyus said. “I can make a roster. That’s what I wanted to learn the most going through this process.”
Tyus said he would have received summer camp invites from either Detroit or Phoenix. But the NBA has already canceled its summer leagues in fear of an impending lockout. The deadline for owners and players to come up with a collective bargaining agreement is July 1.
“It really does hurt things, knowing that not having a summer league limits your opportunities to make a roster,” Tyus said.
Tyus and his wife are moving to Northern California to be closer to his wife’s family. Tyus is hoping the lockout ends soon and he can get an invite from a team during fall training camp. The Phoenix Suns have expressed the most interest.
If that doesn’t work out, Tyus said he will look into opportunities overseas.
Tyus had an up-and-down senior season for Florida, but he saved his best play for the NCAA Tournament. In four NCAA Tournament games, Tyus averaged 12.3 points and 11.5 rebounds. He posted two double-doubles, including a 19-point, 17-rebound effort in Florida’s overtime Sweet 16 win over BYU.

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema