• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Knowshon Moreno

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Do you think our defense will be able to contain Knowshon Moreno. He freaking murdered us last year. Looking at his stats, he has 3 straight 100+ yard rushing games.

Alabama was able to stop him. Knowshon only rushed the ball 9 times for 34 yards. But that may also be because UGA was down big early in the game so maybe the abandoned the run.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I am pretty much conceding the fact that Moreno will have a big game. He's almost unstoppable. The key for our defense will be to not allow Stafford to get on his game. If we keep UGA one dimensional we should be fine. No team in the world can keep up with us if they're one dimensional.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
One thing for sure - our linebackers will need to react and react FAST to Moreno. I look to them to keep their eyes "peeled" for him when he's carrying the ball.

ilovegators

VIP Member
We have to take away the big play. I can manage the Gators giving up 4-5 yards per carry to Knowshon, but they can't give up a 60 yarder.

Luckily the dude isn't that fast, so our defense should be able to catch him if he tried to break one.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Interesting overall TEAM rushing stats

These are as of 10.25.08 for FLA and as of 10.27.08 for ga.
HTML:
                                 FLA         ga
RUSHING YARDAGE                  1372      1380 
Yards gained rushing             1507      1544 
Yards lost rushing               135       164
Rushing Attempts                 259       279 
Average Per Rush                  5.3      4.9
Average Per Game                 196.0     172.5
TDs Rushing                       19        17

picture.php

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Keep dreaming! I predict a Georgia Blowout. Florida is coming into this game way too cocky and making way too many promises just like we did with Alabama.

What promises? As far as I know there was a gag order.

Florida might be a little cocky, but remember they're really ticked of at your bulldogs. The Gators are "cocky" because they want to embarrass UGA, not just beat UGA.

Will we crush UGA? I think it's possible, but I doubt it. Richt had a trick up his sleeve last year and it worked. Will he have another this year? I'm sure, but I don't know what it could be or if it will be enough given our want of revenge.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I wonder if this clown will ever post on here again....
He's probably one of the many dawg fans that started to leave the stadium during the 3rd quarter, or if he was watching it on tv changed the channel or shut it off. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he's ok after licking his wounds and will have the guts to come and eat a healthy helping of crow. After all had he not posted I would never had been inspired to morph his sig into mine,:)

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I hope that "noshow moreno" shows up.........:shifty:
picture.php

That seems to have been what happened on Saturday; one of the keys to the Gators winning that game was to contain Knowshon Moreno, which they did - our defense reacted and kept him under 100 yards rushing, which bit into UGA's productivity on offense. Combine that with the defensive turnovers, and that's what really boosted UF.

He's probably one of the many dawg fans that started to leave the stadium during the 3rd quarter, or if he was watching it on tv changed the channel or shut it off. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he's ok after licking his wounds and will have the guts to come and eat a healthy helping of crow. After all had he not posted I would never had been inspired to morph his sig into mine,:)

You sure do talk alot but you don't say much...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema