• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

K.I.S.S. (Kyle Trask for Heisman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The various entities, committees, media personalities and powers-that-be:
I am SICK TO DEATH of the mess they’ve ALL made of every BIT of this season’s various “potential rewards”—gotta agree with Dabo on HIS points regarding the playoffs, to start with...and I’d make similar arguments just to START with re the Heisman!
But it won’t change anything. At this point, for these and a host of reasons beyond each and all, aside from being happy to see Kyle get the Heisman, were that to happen (which I can’t help but tend to doubt somehow, seeing how these fools have gotten everything ELSE so wrong), I just don’t have much left in the way of faith in or for the “people-in-charge”, the ones who brought us and continue to “administer” how all of this plays out. Even where it comes to our Bowl Game, though of COURSE I’ll watch and cheer on our Gators, my main concern and focus during, after and OVERALL will be how our recruiting, development and evolving future are being and WILL CONTINUE TO BE affected by that and everything else that happens to and around our program.
From that P.O.V., “NEXT SEASON” has in a sense ALREADY BEGUN.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
What was Emmitt rank for the Heisman?
Emmitt was ranked 7th in Heisman balloting in 1989, but he was still named a finalist by the Heisman Trust because the early voting was close.
From the Heisman Trust site:
3. How many finalists are there every year?

It varies. There will always be at least three finalists invited in a given year, though the total did rise to as high as eight invitees in 1989 (though only four actually attended). Since 1982, the most common total to have been invited is five (11 times), followed by four (10 times) and three (nine times). In 1994 and 2013, there were six finalists invited to the ceremony. To date, there has never been more than six finalists to actually attend a ceremony.

4. How are the finalists determined?

This is one of the most misunderstood parts of the Heisman process. You will often hear media or fans complain that a certain player was snubbed by not being invited to the Heisman ceremony. But the finalists are not determined arbitrarily. Starting from the understanding that there will always be a minimum of three finalists, whether or not more will be invited is determined by how close the fourth-place finisher’s point total is to that of the third place finisher’s, how close the fifth-place finisher’s is to that of the fourth-place finisher’s and so on.

In the 2008 Heisman vote, for instance, Florida’s Tim Tebow finished third with 1,575 points. The fourth-place finisher, Graham Harrell of Texas Tech, totaled 213 points. Because of the huge gap between those totals, Harrell was not invited to the ceremony, which featured just three finalists. In 2010, Kellen Moore’s fourth place finish of 635 points brought him much closer to LaMichael James’ third-place finish of 916, so Moore was included as one of the four finalists. The fifth-place finisher in 2010, Justin Blackmon of Oklahoma State, had just 105 points. There was a clear demarcation of support between him and Moore, so the finalists were capped at four.

Last edited:

Escambia94

The various entities, committees, media personalities and powers-that-be:
I am SICK TO DEATH of the mess they’ve ALL made of every BIT of this season’s various “potential rewards”—gotta agree with Dabo on HIS points regarding the playoffs, to start with...and I’d make similar arguments just to START with re the Heisman!
But it won’t change anything. At this point, for these and a host of reasons beyond each and all, aside from being happy to see Kyle get the Heisman, were that to happen (which I can’t help but tend to doubt somehow, seeing how these fools have gotten everything ELSE so wrong), I just don’t have much left in the way of faith in or for the “people-in-charge”, the ones who brought us and continue to “administer” how all of this plays out. Even where it comes to our Bowl Game, though of COURSE I’ll watch and cheer on our Gators, my main concern and focus during, after and OVERALL will be how our recruiting, development and evolving future are being and WILL CONTINUE TO BE affected by that and everything else that happens to and around our program.
From that P.O.V., “NEXT SEASON” has in a sense ALREADY BEGUN.
I am okay with Trask not winning the Heisman. I am a Gator, but when I take off the orange and blue glasses what I see is that Trask had a horrible game against an over-matched LSU team. That loss was inexcusable, although it was not necessarily Trask's fault. At the end of the day, being responsible for 3 turnovers in a game where you were favored by 2 scores is a good way to lose the Heisman.

It would still be possible to argue for Trask to win the Heisman based on a lot of other factors, but the odds certainly are against him. He did not lose the Heisman against Alabama, considering the fact that Alabama only had to defend the pass and still were not able to stop the Trask train. Some are also going to point out that Trask has a much cleaner record than Mac Jones, who has a DUI arrest under his belt in an incident where he forged a driver's license and wrecked the car. I am not a fan of "cancel culture", but if the Heisman committee is going to split hairs over performance on the field as a way to narrow the field, they should consider performance off the field as another means to narrow the field.

Still, the title of this thread was "keep it simple, stupid", and the simple fact is that Trask turned the ball over 3 times against LSU. The Heisman trophy is a very subjective one wrought with sports politics. Trask could still win a Maxwell Award or Davey O'Brien and I would be fine with that.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
AP All-American had Jones on the first team and Trask on the second team. Again, Trask had most of the numbers (Jones had completion percentage and yards per pass on Trask but that's it). It's one thing that Heisman does that but another thing AP does that.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am okay with Trask not winning the Heisman. I am a Gator, but when I take off the orange and blue glasses what I see is that Trask had a horrible game against an over-matched LSU team. That loss was inexcusable, although it was not necessarily Trask's fault. At the end of the day, being responsible for 3 turnovers in a game where you were favored by 2 scores is a good way to lose the Heisman.

It would still be possible to argue for Trask to win the Heisman based on a lot of other factors, but the odds certainly are against him. He did not lose the Heisman against Alabama, considering the fact that Alabama only had to defend the pass and still were not able to stop the Trask train. Some are also going to point out that Trask has a much cleaner record than Mac Jones, who has a DUI arrest under his belt in an incident where he forged a driver's license and wrecked the car. I am not a fan of "cancel culture", but if the Heisman committee is going to split hairs over performance on the field as a way to narrow the field, they should consider performance off the field as another means to narrow the field.

Still, the title of this thread was "keep it simple, stupid", and the simple fact is that Trask turned the ball over 3 times against LSU. The Heisman trophy is a very subjective one wrought with sports politics. Trask could still win a Maxwell Award or Davey O'Brien and I would be fine with that.
I guess I can’t help but agree with you up to a certain point about Trask, his game against LSU, and its potential effect on his Heisman candidacy—IF that WERE one (supposedly “important”) reason given for NOT giving it to him...but it WASN’T the reason we lost, per se—MUCH more a function of a poor Grantham defense having ITS worst game, not to mention lackadaisical effort and outright mistakes all over the field all evening (culminating in the notorious “Thrown Cleat Incident” seeming to “throw away our shot at last-moment redemption”)—THEN Kyle somehow driving the field with seconds left in the game to leave the normally “MONEY Mac “ with the normally makeable fg to take it to overtime after all.
Of course, on this night he MISSES where the opponent kicker who’d NOT been known for either consistency OR distance had kicked HIS 50-plusser to PUT us in that hole to begin with...
No, Kyle had already more or less “redeemed” HIS “off night” with his carry-the-team-on-an-off-night play; had MacPhearson converted HIS clutch kick who’s to say we don’t eventually WIN that game and then we’re at least TALKING about all this differently—the Heisman AND the Playoffs!
No...I stand by my original point above here:
I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THE TALK AND THE WHOLE PATH OF DECISIONS AND RATIONALES THAT GOT US HERE.
I believe that Major College Football is BROKEN. I don’t know for sure whether that is a function of the circumstances thrust upon us by Covid, its compromises and its effects—or whether it is itself a symptom of DEEPER complications that, though setting in now, were set in motion by the details and timing of the shift to the 4-team playoff in the first place, and became eventually inevitable all the sooner with Covid’s onslaught.
As for what to DO about it...
I’m not so sure the seeming “obvious”, a FURTHER expansion of that system to include more and more teams, would be any kind of improvement—in fact, it MIGHT well be the further sealing of our fate, the continued descent of our overall system.
The uncertain, the unknown, argument and continued debate, a certain amount of CHAOS was not and IS not necessarily the enemy of competition and interest.
All of that to a certain extent will be with us regardless—to that same extent perhaps we are best off EMBRACING IT!
That there may be “clusters of elite programs” that tend to compete together for a time then one by one, to varying degrees fade for a time and need rejeuvenation, regrowth and redevelopment, is a FACT of life in our sport. This isn’t College Basketball where you get one freakishly talented big guy who comes to your school, and/or a freakishly-intelligent Coach-with-a-plan can in short order turn a program around...
No matter WHAT, it takes some time to build, Coach and EVOLVE into a “WINNER”. Players on the field and in depth, talented and knowledgeable coaches on the sidelines... It’s just the way the whole thing is put together in the FIRST place!
And its a big part of what it takes, and how we all come to take it so CLOSE TO HEART OVER TIME.
We can talk about possible ways to introduce “circulation”, upwards or downwards, to the “system” (for example, introduce something like what they have in English Football (“League” soccer), with “ Divisions (I, II, III and more?), where the highest of “II” and onward down moves UP a Division at the end of each season, bumping OUT the lowest of the Division above...
But I would be VERY CAREFUL about even something like that...We had operated for many years with an imperfect yet functional system that depended SOLELY on arguing individuals and competing “governing bodies”, public argument and opinion to ultimately find our way to an imperfect “Public Media Champion”... This was improved somewhat I think by our first efforts at formalizing that process, into the BCS and beyond...Personally, I am not ready to FURTHER EXPAND based merely on what has ensued THIS season after Covid and the various Conferences scrambling separately in search of their own rules, spurred mainly (and so imperfectly) by self-INTEREST it seems clear and the decisions made so unevenly (and yes, unfairly) at the end here in terms of “number of games played” and the like (and not even sticking to THOSE, as it suited them later) only further clouds these issues.
No, it seems best to at most “stand pat” for now; return to what is and has been the “status quo” for the short time we have had it in place—see if it works, and if so, how satisfied we all are with it, in the coming season or two...and if we are to further “tweak it”, we do so “in small steps”, CAREFULLY: I am NOT in favor of some knee jerk “OPENING UP”, some sudden further EXPANSION of the “CFB Playoffs”—certainly not just on the evidence of the mess a few biased, selfish and desperate men have begotten, after all: Men, by the way, who are NOT from OUR conference, who in fact fear and resent our power and superior programs top-to-bottom when compared to both their leagues AND their own mismanagement!
Let us NOT take advice or example from people who certainly do not themselves have OUR “best interests” at heart.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
It's Official that Trask is going to the NFL. Not surprised even though he could have came back because of COVID but he already has his degree. Plus Jones waited long enough. Probably be a 2nd-3rd round pick after the Cotton Bowl. Probably dropped down to a 4th-5th rounder. Like for a team like the Bucs, Lions, Colts, or Steelers get him. A team with an old quarterback.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Whoever gets Kyle lower than a 2nd round is GETTING A STEAL, IF they have the personnel and approach to properly exploit his brains, skills and unending commitment to hard work and precision. It’s a damn shame that you may well be RIGHT about the last coupla games, ESPECIALLY that first quarter in the Cotton Bowl, will likely CONTRIBUTE GREATLY to the latest drop...A couple rounds FURTHER seems about right, sadly.
“Hope I’m wrong...”—a line I’ve found myself saying quite often of late!—NOT a good sign regarding the direction of events OR our program!
The thing is, NONE of that will phase Kyle. With any kind of opening he will make the most of his opportunities: Another “Dan Mullen/protege” exceeding the League’s capacity for insight and/or practical imagination:
They are just no good at seeing beyond what’s “commonly agreed upon”...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have to say that the reaction of Gator fans on Twitter, though sadly predictable I suppose, were and continue to be generally ignorant, over-reactionary, unfair and disloyal to the point of hanging the whole team performance and team wide, game-long breakdown on KYLE! (To the point of obvious, no imagination put-downs of the “Kyle TRASH”- variety...)
Not surprising, really—but contributing NOTHING to our progress: no “learning, growing and moving on” with or from THIS group!
This is “the other side of College Football in general”—NOT just surrounding OUR program obviously but THROUGHOUT the sport’s public fandom for the most part, I’m afraid:
Mindless, kneejerk/“short-term memory”/“when in doubt, blame the” Coach, QB, etc “CHOOSE ONE”...
It’s why, aside from monitoring “general news” in the SEC and elsewhere, for the most part I stick to my OWN “sources” back in G-ville and OUR discussions here on “GE” (Thankyou for your timely Links, LF, AND of course E—‘s unmatched “deep analysis” and statistical compilations...)
I could go on, IN DETAIL, into all my long-in-developing frustration with and contempt FOR how, as fans, over the years our worst urges, attitudes and supposed predilections were catered to and further molded by what in retrospect was the time during which the “Complete Commercialization”, first of the pro-Game, then (and now ALMOST complete, certainly already “PERVASIVE”) similar inundation into and through much of major College Football too—ESPECIALLY its impact, fully manifest on TWITTER and the myriad online sites and overall attitudes given voice there...I used to argue, try to at least introduce some “voice of reason”, “pour oil on troubled waters” in what turned out to be a vain attempt to fight back the growing tide of hostility and shallow blame. To no avail—and as that became more and more clear and seemingly inevitable, retreated here.
It ISN’T that we wouldn’t WELCOME others who feel similarly, and continue in the (admittedly SMALL and by now barely flickering) HOPE that others will find us and join in...but at least as things stand, WE have a place to reflect AND vent.
All this comes back to me now in coming across the various (inescapable, if/when one pays ANY ATTENTION AT ALL) media coverages of the Bowl Season...
It has gotten to the point NOW that I’m not watching or following even the Playoff Games themselves this year—let alone the shows and/or online commentary surrounding it all. At this point, I suppose I am relying on you guys to fill me in on the most important developments and changes that affect US, as Gators—our season, our program and its FUTURE.
Reading this shallow, ungrateful and uninformed BS on Twitter and elsewhere only frustrates and disillusions me to no purpose. We learn nothing, we GAIN nothing from ANY of it! And if anything, I only become MORE “disconnected” from the sense that we ALL, as “Gator Nation”, are part of something great—that, in our “SOLIDARITY” and support of the current regime and what they are in the process of building—and I CONTINUE to believe that Dan Mullen & Co. are finally “the right people doing the right things at the right time” now.
We are CLOSE, SO close...
There are problems, more “cracks” revealed now at the END of this 2020 season than maybe we’d come to believe—it was such a RELIEF having that “high-flying Gator OFFENSE” seemingly FULLY back again this season...It was easy to believe that it was “merely” our moribund Defense that needed overhauling—and that between coaching and recruiting we could count on our Head Coach to do whatever needed doing to get us “there” (and that HE would know and DO WHAT NEEDED DOING to accomplish it)...The only real question now being whether we’d have to take a step BACK (in terms of TIME perhaps a “restock and reCHARGE” season) after ALL: What comes now, through spring and summer, moves off AND ON the field, seeing what we have by opening day NEXT Fall as to whether the “True Dawn of The Gator Return-to-Greatness” is to begin in 2021 or 2022!
One can only IMAGINE what the fans on Twitter, YouTube and elsewhere will be shrilly screaming if we don’t look like invulnerable “WORLD-BEATERS” by opening day the COMING year!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So much for “Keep It Simple”!
At this point, our sport, team, conference and the forces in play swirling about our young would-be “heroes” as they are putting the finishing touches on their “amateur” careers—all at the mercy and axe-to-grind judgement of men who have their OWN PROFESSIONAL AGENDAS.
Thing is, THEY TAKE ALL THE FUN OUT OF IT ALL!!!
I MEAN IT! And I DON’T just mean “for the now young MEN WHO ONCE DID THIS ALL JUST “for the honor, teamwork, comradery and above all OUTRIGHT THRILL and JOY” it has and continues to provide them a forum in which they can continue to revel in.
Sigh...
What more is there to say?
See you “Next Season”, my Gator brothers. Let us hope that our best hopes begin to reveal themselves, the “building blocks” of long-dreamed-of goals begin to materialize as solid flesh and blood on the field.
Remember:
“Getting there is half the fun!!!”
We need at least to know that we are still ON that road, right?!!

Escambia94

So much for “Keep It Simple”!
At this point, our sport, team, conference and the forces in play swirling about our young would-be “heroes” as they are putting the finishing touches on their “amateur” careers—all at the mercy and axe-to-grind judgement of men who have their OWN PROFESSIONAL AGENDAS.
Thing is, THEY TAKE ALL THE FUN OUT OF IT ALL!!!
I MEAN IT! And I DON’T just mean “for the now young MEN WHO ONCE DID THIS ALL JUST “for the honor, teamwork, comradery and above all OUTRIGHT THRILL and JOY” it has and continues to provide them a forum in which they can continue to revel in.
Sigh...
What more is there to say?
See you “Next Season”, my Gator brothers. Let us hope that our best hopes begin to reveal themselves, the “building blocks” of long-dreamed-of goals begin to materialize as solid flesh and blood on the field.
Remember:
“Getting there is half the fun!!!”
We need at least to know that we are still ON that road, right?!!
It really was simple. Dan Mullen said early in the season, “If [Kyle Trask] does not like all this hype about the Heisman, then go throw a couple interceptions and people will stop talking about it.” Trask threw 2 INTs and fumbled the ball once against LSU, and he went from the -1200 favorite to the #4, +2500 underdog. His Heisman odds did not change after the Alabama loss.

To amplify your statement on draft position, check out the analysis here: https://www.gatorenvy.com/threads/the-legend-of-kyle-trask.20768/

He is currently projected between round 2 and 5. If he has a strong showing in the Senior Bowl, Pro Day, and Combine he could climb into round 1. I think he will go in round 2 or 3, based on comparison to similar QBs in previous years.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It really was simple. Dan Mullen said early in the season, “If [Kyle Trask] does not like all this hype about the Heisman, then go throw a couple interceptions and people will stop talking about it.” Trask threw 2 INTs and fumbled the ball once against LSU, and he went from the -1200 favorite to the #4, +2500 underdog. His Heisman odds did not change after the Alabama loss.

To amplify your statement on draft position, check out the analysis here: https://www.gatorenvy.com/threads/the-legend-of-kyle-trask.20768/

He is currently projected between round 2 and 5. If he has a strong showing in the Senior Bowl, Pro Day, and Combine he could climb into round 1. I think he will go in round 2 or 3, based on comparison to similar QBs in previous years.
Fun’s STILL going, going, GONE...
And this ISN’T just bout Kyle: HE is just the most extreme example we have RIGHT HERE IN OUR FACES NOW!
But you’re right of course.
I clearly remember Mullen saying that—and then that’s exactly what came to pass—though I doubt Coach meant for it to be literally a “practical expression”, nor did Kyle mean to lighten his stress load in just that way. THAT part actually seems funny when you put it like that...and let’s face it, as much as it hurt, that first quarter in the Cotton Bowl, when game was scheduled etc, sure didn’t help him either.
But I take your point.

Escambia94

Fun’s STILL going, going, GONE...
And this ISN’T just bout Kyle: HE is just the most extreme example we have RIGHT HERE IN OUR FACES NOW!
But you’re right of course.
I clearly remember Mullen saying that—and then that’s exactly what came to pass—though I doubt Coach meant for it to be literally a “practical expression”, nor did Kyle mean to lighten his stress load in just that way. THAT part actually seems funny when you put it like that...and let’s face it, as much as it hurt, that first quarter in the Cotton Bowl, when game was scheduled etc, sure didn’t help him either.
But I take your point.
This thread is about Kyle, and that is where I will focus the analysis. You can look at the Heisman odds from week to week and see very clearly that his performance against Alabama did not change the odds, but his performance against LSU did. The Heisman is not about wins and losses. Even Tebow's praise of Trask changed after the LSU game, and it was not because Florida lost--it was because Trask committed the cardinal sin of turning over the ball three times. The Heisman committee likely looked at that game and decided that Trask could have proven he was Heisman material by taking care of the ball. He already had all the other statistics and all the other supporting material to be a Heisman winner--just as Tim Tebow had when he led the #13 Gators to a 9-4 (5-3) record. In 2007, Tebow threw for 32 TD with 6 INT while rushing for another 23 TD. He was the only Heisman candidate with 0 fumbles that year despite the fact that he had 66% of the carries of the leading Heisman running back, Darrin McFadden, while rushing for twice as many TDs.

This brings up the two knocks against Trask that scouts will dig into: fumbles and late season interceptions. Scouts will question whether his hands are too small to grip an NFL football. They will wonder whether he can make accurate reads when his mind is not clear. His performance in the Senior Bowl, Pro Day, and NFL Combine will help or hurt those evaluations more than his performance against LSU, but the LSU game will be closely scrutinized as his worst game and then compared to the Alabama game as one of his best games (175.4 RAT was not his best, but it was still an A performance on the national stage). I will add some more stats to the post on the Legend of Kyle Trask at https://www.gatorenvy.com/threads/the-legend-of-kyle-trask.20768/.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ah well...It is rapidly all passing into History now: I don’t know exactly what happened to our Gator TEAM in general, our Coach and HIS frame-of-mind after the SEC Championship (“...that game just now was the last ANY of us will see of the 2020 UF Football Team!”), nor specifically speaking what happened, “what was going on” with Kyle Trask starting in and from the LSU game ON: “Up’n’Down” to say the LEAST: Doing things at times, for STRETCHES of time, that he didn’t do, hadn’t done all SEASON. But they were done, there were consequences, and by now the Season is UNDOUBTEDLY OVER—less and less I personally wish to say about it now. Sorry—but it is the Florida GATORS and their future that concerns me now, that ALWAYS “concerns me” in the end.
SO: MY focus will more and more be ON that “future”—which immediately BEGS a return to this persistent, seemingly RELENTLESS talk about Mullen, the repeated return to this same question:
“Is Coach Mullens headed to the NFL?”
For the moment, I am weary; I neither care to keep going over this ground with little further information, nor see much point yet: It seems sort of inevitable given the circumstances, more info keeps slowly seeping out (though a lot MORE is of the “wait’n’see”/“the rest is all SUPPOSITION” variety), enough so that I truly figure it’s best TO do just that—let it play out, wait even to COMMENT further.
Eventually perhaps “comment” and further discussion will be required—in which case I will do so in the appropriate tine and place here.
Personally, for now at least I don’t expect him to leave—not yet, anyway.
As David on the (very good YouTube/etc -available) “Gator Breakdown” podcast put it, “like any marriage, even the strongest ones, there is sometimes spats and extended arguments...THIS ONE, done things around it AND Mullens’ way of reacting to it (as much around the way he DOESN’T respond to it as any particular way he DOES), it seems possibly to be as much a potential ploy, a way of perhaps both creating for himself a little more “maneuvering room” and/or eventual possible contract extension, as any current positioning himself for departure.
But I won’t get into ANY of that “here and now. We’ll be talking these coming weeks and months, I suspect, no matter WHAT!: There WILL be “news”: Some resolution as to all of this, settling of a number of current unanswered questions and vacancies (onFIELD and ON THE SIDELINES), continued work, travel and potential further commitments from among the transfer portal and graduate ranks (always fertile grounds for our Head Coach).
But for now, I’m personally not even very interested in the Final.
That is very WEIRD, in my case. College Football (especially and specifically with regard to the SEC—usually even in relatively “off years” for our Gators) is after all the last area of televised sports I regularly follow nowadays—and THIS time I don’t even know if I will WATCH the CFB Final, this one featuring a VERY TALENTED AND BALANCED Saban-led Alabama squad against a (for me) much-despised OSU(N-MidWest) program, and unless I change my mind at game time (always possible—especially nowadays still an all-but-captive/audience at home thanks to COVID!), I’ll likely be one of those watching a shrewdly counter-programmed MOVIE on TCM or one of the many dedicated Premium-Film-Channels from all over the world I subscribe to now...
You understand—and, I sense, get the overall picture yourselves (whether you agree or NOT!). Thanks for you patience and understanding. I of COURSE welcome your own thoughts and attitudes with respect to ALL of this.

Escambia94

... Sorry—but it is the Florida GATORS and their future that concerns me now, that ALWAYS “concerns me” in the end.

I think the future looks bright for the Florida Gators. Check out my summary of 2020 and outlook for 2021 here: https://www.gatorenvy.com/threads/2020-depth-chart-ratings-and-look-ahead-to-2021.20773/.

As for Dan Mullen's NFL aspirations, I get it. Gator fans have had their hearts broken once by Steve Spurrier leaving for the NFL and once by Urban Meyer having "health issues". I think Mullen is here to stay, but he is doing the right thing by continuously gauging interest in the NFL. Check out the discussion here: https://www.gatorenvy.com/threads/dan-mullens-salary-vs-nfl-salaries.20776/.

It has become apparent that this thread about Kyle Trask has concluded. He was passed up for the Heisman and the Davey O'Brien, so there is nothing left to say for this thread. Discussions on the legend of Kyle Trask may be found at https://www.gatorenvy.com/threads/the-legend-of-kyle-trask.20768/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema