• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

John R. Wooden Award finalists

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Gators' trio among finalists for Wooden

Los Angeles | Florida's Joakim Noah, Ohio State's Greg Oden, Wisconsin's Alando Tucker and UCLA's Arron Afflalo are among the 22 players on the ballot for the John R. Wooden Award as college basketball's player of the year.

Florida's Corey Brewer and Taurean Green joined Noah on the ballot, making the defending national champion Gators the only team with more than one candidate.

The winner will be announced April 7.

Freshmen are on the ballot for the second time in the award's history, with Oden and Kevin Durant of Texas represented.

For the first time, fans can vote for the winner, with their votes counting as one ballot toward the final tally.

The other candidates:

LSU's Glen Davis, Tennessee's Chris Lofton, North Carolina's Tyler Hansbrough, Nevada's Nick Fazekas, Oklahoma State's Mario Boggan, Oregon's Aaron Brooks, Boston College's Jared Dudley, Butler's A.J. Graves, Pittsburgh's Aaron Gray, Texas Tech's Jarrius Jackson, Texas A&M's Acie Law, Michigan State's Drew Neitzel, Kansas' Brandon Rush, Virginia's Sean Singletary, and Florida State's Al Thornton.

http://www.wilmingtonstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070305/NEWS/703050365/-1/State

blueshoesnb

VIP Member
you already know the fan vote is going to durant, that guy could rob a bank and kill 10 people and still win the fan vote. earlier in the year i would have said oden but durant has won alot of fan votes lately it seems. My vote is for green of course

JohnnyBGood

VIP Member
you already know the fan vote is going to durant, that guy could rob a bank and kill 10 people and still win the fan vote. earlier in the year i would have said oden but durant has won alot of fan votes lately it seems. My vote is for green of course

Durant is the name you hear all over the place. It is like he came out of nowhere. I'm sure he is the favorite to win the Award.

My vote is for Brewer. He is one of the most exciting players to watch I've seen in a long time.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
i think Horford should be a finalists
i'm surprised he's not a finalist and Green is
Agreed. I think Horford should definitely get more consideration then Green (nothing meant against Green, I just think Horford is a more dominant player).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema