• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is Brantley transferrring?

crmixon

Gator Fan
Some of the people I work with have been saying he has indicated a desire to transfer to a program more fitting for his skills. Is this true? Has anyone heard anything?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Lots of rumors, but it will not happen. Dad and uncle are both Gators, his high school coach was a Gator, and JB only has one more year of eligibility left. JB is coming back next year. Note: It won't be the end of the world if he gets demoted to backup or if he had to split duties with Reed or Driskel. He would just need to do VERY well in the NFL scouting process and hope to get picked up in the 3rd round.

Escambia94

i expect driskel to impress the hell out of everybody he'll be our guy next yr

I doubt he will be the starter on day 1. Remember, our 3-play offense is pretty friggin' difficult for a freshman to master.

I can only hope Reed is the starter. I might be amicable to giving Brantley another shot if and only if we have an offensive line.

Escambia94

i dont care what none of you guys think i beleive driskel is gonna take the starting spot at some point next yr

he's too good to ignore

So was Tebow. He waited a year, and with good results. Tebow also beat Leak in the Orange and Blue Debut.

Now, if by "some point next year" you mean "after Brantley gets injured", maybe. Then again, it may depend on what happens with Jordan Reed and Trey Burton.

irnndn

Gator Fan
Some of the people I work with have been saying he has indicated a desire to transfer to a program more fitting for his skills. Is this true? Has anyone heard anything?

One can only hope! I'm sick and tired of seeing that deer in the headlights look.

What a disappointment he has been.

awebbf5

VIP Member
One can only hope! I'm sick and tired of seeing that deer in the headlights look.

What a disappointment he has been.

I agree let him start get used to being in the sec ,going on the road to hostile enviroments, he cant be any worse than brantley. That way his sophmore year we will be ready to make a nc run. I vote Driskel for starter in 2011.

Escambia94

I vote Driskel or Reed as the starter, but I don't get a vote. If Brantley lights up the scoreboard in the Outback Bowl, he will earn the starting job in 2011 barring injury and get a bye for a season of subpar play. If he loses the Outback Bowl, then I hope I am wrong and someone else is the 2011 starter.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
He gone screwed when the coach didn't adjust the playbook, a Pouncey who couldn't snap, coaches who seemed the give up on the pass when Thompson drop that ball against the MAC champs, and not much of a team around him. I'm not surprise his confidence was shot. Either change the offense to fit his skills or QB competition next year and whoever performs the best is the guy.

G8RB8R

VIP Member
He gone screwed when the coach didn't adjust the playbook, a Pouncey who couldn't snap, coaches who seemed the give up on the pass when Thompson drop that ball against the MAC champs, and not much of a team around him. I'm not surprise his confidence was shot. Either change the offense to fit his skills or QB competition next year and whoever performs the best is the guy.

That's what the Orange & Blue Game is supposed to determine. I hope!

I still haven't heard a good reason for Pouncey being moved to center. Somebody forget to recruit that position last year???

So was Tebow. He waited a year, and with good results. Tebow also beat Leak in the Orange and Blue Debut.

Now, if by "some point next year" you mean "after Brantley gets injured", maybe. Then again, it may depend on what happens with Jordan Reed and Trey Burton.
i dont think JB can do leak work but i might be wrong who knows

just hope meyer doesnt picks JB over driskel cuz he inheritated the spot

if you dont have compeition your basically just giving it to the legacy

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's a whole new situation, but where Meyer used to put flexibility, innovation and prove-it-on-the-field/maximum-effort performance ahead of all else, he appears to have become strangely stultified in his approach this past season. Hard to say what will happen. Will it again be "seniors start no matter what, we'll do it again the same way only this time we'll be healthy, we'll work harder, and you'll all see that I was right"? Or do we get a Meyer who returns with renewed vigor--who brings in new blood, puts the best players and top playmakers on the field and hands the ball to the QB who best fits his system and is ready to play?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema