• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Interesting coincidence......

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Urban Meyer has led Florida to their second National Championship appearance since he first took over as head coach in 2005.

As things turned out this year, one school where he formerly held a head coaching position (Utah) and his alma mater (Cincinnati) also made the BCS this year.

Is that interesting, or what?

gogators9606

Gator Fan
Making a BCS game means nothing to Florida.... Winning a NC is always the goal..... Utah and Cinci are satisfied with just making an BCS game.....

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
........... one school where he formerly held a head coaching position (Utah) and his alma mater (Cincinnati) also made the BCS this year.
............quote]
I guess he'll be watching some bowl games in his spare time just like us.....

I'll be rooting for both of his former schools; Cincinnati's coming up as a football program, and it's nice to see one of Coach Meyer's proteges, Kyle Whittingham, do as well as he has since taking over at Utah.

We do not really make that many BCS bowls really, we had orange bowl, 3 NC games. but then citrus/ capital one bowl, outback, peach, like between those.

but thats the price of playing our schedule and SEC

no i meant i dont really know the bowl games before 1995 i can look them up but now is what counts...

get this if we win can be mentioned and debated as the "D" word... somthing USC came close to doing, they won 2 NCs in 3 years..

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
When were the BCS bowls started?
Grabbed from wikipedia...
It has been in place since the 1998 season, but a number of controversial selections have spurred changes in the system that continue into the present. Prior to the 2006 season eight teams competed in four BCS Bowls. The BCS replaced the Bowl Alliance (in place from 1995–1997), which followed the Bowl Coalition (in place from 1992–1994). As of the 2006–07 season, the BCS will air primarily on FOX while only the Rose Bowl will continue to be shown on ABC. FOX will continue to air 4 BCS Bowl Games (Orange Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Sugar Bowl and BCS National Championship Game) through the 2009-2010 season. Starting with the 2010-2011 season, ESPN will start airing the games after outbidding FOX for the television rights.[2]

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
1995Fiesta Bowl (Title Game)Nebraska 62Florida 24
1996Sugar Bowl (Title Game)Florida 52Florida State 20
1997†Florida Citrus BowlFlorida 21Penn State 6
1998Orange BowlFlorida 31Syracuse 10
1999†Florida Citrus BowlMichigan State 37Florida 34
2000Sugar BowlMiami 37Florida 20
2001Orange BowlFlorida 56Maryland 23
2002Outback BowlMichigan 38Florida 30
2003Outback BowlIowa 37Florida 17
2004Peach BowlMiami 27Florida 10