• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If we dont make the Championship game..

gogators9606

Gator Fan
Lets say we run the tables and neither Penn State or Texas losses.... What Bowl game would you like to see?
I want USC anywhere anytime... but they will go to the Rose Bowl and play Ohio State again.... They will never make the mistake of inviting Florida to beat there princess team......USC......

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
If we dont make the Championship game..
You make a good point just, hate the way you started your thread. I'll get back to ya, 'cause there is always a scenario for every situation.

picture.php

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
If the Gators miss out on all the BCS games I would like them to play in the Outback Bowl. This is merely b/c I live in Tampa and I am selfish. However, I would much rather have them make the BCS.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
If the Gators miss out on all the BCS games I would like them to play in the Outback Bowl. This is merely b/c I live in Tampa and I am selfish. However, I would much rather have them make the BCS.

Hahahaha, what an honest answer.

I'd like to see us in a bowl were we play the Big East champ or the "at large" non-BCS team like UGA did last year.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Somebody OTHER than a Big Ten or ACC team for a change. If we don't get to the title game, I'd still like to see us get a crack at the Sugar Bowl (if we can get to Atlanta and win the SEC) or be ranked high enough in the BCS to get an "at-large" invite.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I wouldn't mind seeing us smack around a Big 12 team just to prove the SEC is superior.:)

Do you really think Florida could beat OU, Texas, or Texas Tech to the point where they can show the SEC is superior to the Big 12?

I doubt Florida could beat Texas right now, but they'd have a good chance. However, even if Florida could beat Texas, I highly doubt it will be a beat down of the likes OSU is so familiar with.

castawaygator

VIP Member
Do you really think Florida could beat OU, Texas, or Texas Tech to the point where they can show the SEC is superior to the Big 12?

I doubt Florida could beat Texas right now, but they'd have a good chance. However, even if Florida could beat Texas, I highly doubt it will be a beat down of the likes OSU is so familiar with.

I think Florida can beat any of the teams you mentioned, but i too doubt it would be a beat down. keep in mind most of the teams in the big12 have great offenses but their defense is not looking too good.

i would love to see the gators play against USC, OU, Texas Tech, Texas in any bowl.
i dont think it would be a good or exciting game to watch if we play teams like Penn State or Mizzou.

Utah may be interesting because of Meyer but probably a beat down.

sbq80

VIP Member
Don't really care what bowl if not the BCS Championship.
Would like to see UF play USC, TT, Mizzu, Texas.
I realise some would be impossiable if not the Championship, they are just 4 teams I think would be a good match up & make a good game.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Georgia (10) and Florida (11) already have played a tougher slate than Penn State, according to Jeff Sagarin. (Georgia is No. 23 in strength of schedule, Florida No. 24, Penn State No. 64.) That gap wouldn't decrease significantly down the stretch. If Florida is going to reach 12-1, it would have beaten Georgia, Florida State and most likely Alabama; if Georgia reaches 12-1 it would have beaten Florida, Georgia Tech and most likely Alabama.
This guy expounds on different scenarios of the teams in the hunt including our favorite, that would leave the bcs in disarray. The rest of the story HERE

picture.php

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Florida at Florida State (22), Nov. 29. You couldn't draw up a better theoretical exit strategy for Bobby Bowden: beat Urban Meyer for the first time in four tries, derail a potential Gators BCS championship bid and ride off into the dadgum sunset.

This one could be a spoiler if we beat UGA and wind up in BCS contention at the time; I hope Coach Meyer gets 4 straight against these Clowns, gets a BCS bowl bid and forces Saint Booby to once again soil his Depends.

madelrio

Gator Fan
I would like to see us face Texas. Texas only has McCoy has no chance of staying close. Plus I am from Texas and would love to rub it in the faces of all the people who actually think that Texas is good.

madelrio

Gator Fan
No, Texas is not good. Just because they have beaten an Oklahoma, Missouri, and Oklahoma St. teams when they were ranked high does not make them good. They are a product of a weak conference. If the gators palyed in the Big 12 and had a weak non-conference schedule, we too would be ranked #1 in the BCS.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
No, Texas is not good. Just because they have beaten an Oklahoma, Missouri, and Oklahoma St. teams when they were ranked high does not make them good. They are a product of a weak conference. If the gators palyed in the Big 12 and had a weak non-conference schedule, we too would be ranked #1 in the BCS.

"Outrageous claims require outrageous evidence."

If the Big 12 is a weak conference, what about the Big East, Pac 10, Big 10, and ACC?

Missouri easily handed a good Arkansas team a loss last year in the Cotton bowl. Texas absolutely crushed Missouri this year which was arguably a similar team Missouri team, ie it's not like Hawaii where they lost EVERYbody.

If you want to say the Big 12 is weak, you need some evidence. You have none. As for a weak out of conference schedule, ours has been pretty weak so far as well, although not at weak as usual.

And perhaps you're right: OU, Ok. State, Missouri, etc. are overrated teams. But then how can you defend our key wins like LSU, UT, and UK? LSU, as everyone now knows is extremely overrated. Tennessee is freakin' awful, and when we beat Kentucky last week, they were extremely depleted, not to mention had no shot at winning the SEC East.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness

I hate to say this to a fellow Gator fan, but your head is crammed up the poop chute!

gogators9606

Gator Fan

I agree with some of this. I do think that the Big 12 has NO defence and
thats why you see all the big numbers this year.. The Big 12 is stronger then its been in a while but in whole there are a lot of teams over rated this year.
I think there are a lot of good teams but no really great teams. Florida in my opinion has shown flashes of becoming a great team. Texas is another good team, but OKL is over-rated, Texas-Tech is a good team...

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
If the Big XII South and SEC East were combined THIS year, this is how they would rank, IMO.

1.Texas
2.Oklahoma
3.Florida
4.Georgia
5.Oklahoma St.
6.Texas Tech
7.South Carolina
8.Vanderbilt
9.Kentucky
10.Texas A&M
11.Baylor
12. Tennessee

All this talk about the Big XII South not being good is ridiculous. Who's to say it's excellent offense and not bad defense accounting for all the yardage and points being put on the baord.

I still think the SEC is the toughest conference, but the Big XII has closed that gap significantly this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema