• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I know we are not this bad.

The Zooker

VIP Member
And that's my main concern with Addazio. He doesn't adjust. Meyer will make adjustments at half time but Addazio will still fall back on his basic package that everybody in America has already figured out. This is the exact same reason why Tressell will never win another title at OSU. He and his staff lack the ability to adjust to their opponent. They enter a game with a gameplan and then refuse to change even when they are getting dismantled.

And that's my main concern with Addazio. He doesn't adjust. Meyer will make adjustments at half time but Addazio will still fall back on his basic package that everybody in America has already figured out. This is the exact same reason why Tressell will never win another title at OSU. He and his staff lack the ability to adjust to their opponent. They enter a game with a gameplan and then refuse to change even when they are getting dismantled.

Good point, Zooker. That is a huge pet peeve of mine, when coaches don't make adjustments at half time. You can't keep doing the exact same thing and hoping for a different outcome. That is the definition of insanity. You have to try differnt things, small adjustments. And for the life of me, why do we still have Pouncey at center? Move him to guard, where he played the last few years and put in a center who HAS PLAYED CENTER! Not blaming Pouncey for being a poor snapper, i am sure he is not going into every play saying... hehehe.. try and catch this one Johnny!! Just put players where they are best at playing....

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
My pet peeve is their stubborn insistence to leave Pouncey at center. I don't see how anyone, even O-town, can defend leaving him there when he's made mistake after mistake. Surely an elite program like us can find a center capable of snapping the ball properly.

I think this whole thing stems from Meyer's excessive belief that seniors should get all the playing time. If he weren't a senior, he would have long ago been moved back to guard.

The Zooker

VIP Member
My pet peeve is their stubborn insistence to leave Pouncey at center. I don't see how anyone, even O-town, can defend leaving him there when he's made mistake after mistake. Surely an elite program like us can find a center capable of snapping the ball properly.

I think this whole thing stems from Meyer's excessive belief that seniors should get all the playing time. If he weren't a senior, he would have long ago been moved back to guard.

Point of proof: Underclassman Nixon being moved from left tackle to right tackle. On paper he is perfect match for left tackle but Gilbert was just playing better. On paper Pouncey is the perfect match for center but he just isn't playing up to par. Doesn't matter though, Addazio won't move him over because of who he is.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Point of proof: Underclassman Nixon being moved from left tackle to right tackle. On paper he is perfect match for left tackle but Gilbert was just playing better. On paper Pouncey is the perfect match for center but he just isn't playing up to par. Doesn't matter though, Addazio won't move him over because of who he is.

I blame both Addazio and Meyer.

It's clear the poor snaps have gone to Pouncey's head and messed up his game even more. I don't blame him for that, as anyone would start to second guess after making that many mistakes. The coaches have dug their heads in the sand hoping the problem goes away. If I were Robey, I'd be quite upset that I'm still waiting my turn behind the worst center in the SEC, because the coaching staff won't make a change that everyone else can see.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Even if Robey isn't ready to play in the SEC, I'm sure Hurt or Johnson or Halapio can snap the ball better than Pouncey.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Plus I think it would help Pouncey's ability to lead. The offense is obviously lacking leadership. I think Pouncey has a hard time straightening folks out when he can't even straighten his snaps out. If he were back at guard bulldozing people then he has better ground to stand on to motivate his guys to execute at their positions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema