• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I Admit It, I Want Us To Lose Tomorrow

The Zooker

VIP Member
Badly. Nothing promotes change in Gainesville faster than a loss to Mississippi State. The fact that Mullen is their coach would surely make the headlines explode with talk of Addazio's ineptitude. Foley and Meyer couldn't ignore it any longer. I actually am ready to throw the season away now. I think it would be for the good of the program. If our players win on pure athleticism and end up in Atlanta then I fear that nothing will change for next season. We need some major eye openers to get the ball rolling. And that includes a loss to them Bulldogs.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Hmmm. Interesting approach. Can we make it the next game after this one? I flew in all the way from Texas, and would kinda want the family to see us win. Just kidding. I'll take one for the team if it makes things better soon.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I understand. Myself, I find it impossible to root AGAINST the Gators--though I KNOW that only actual losses will propel the so-called "casual fans" into demanding change. I HAVE stopped CARING much about the actual outcomes, though; this season is lost. Like you, I'm focusing on what it might take to create the kind of rising pressure wave that could eventually bring the changes that must come.
This program finally achieved relevancy on the national stage the last few years; now the man who helped to bring us to that new plateau has stopped doing the very things that brought him and all of us here. Indeed, he appears to be content to "fiddle while Rome burns", so to speak.
(Personally, I imagine a lonely neuron bouncing around in the now mostly empty brain that once churned with activity, announcing to no one in particular: "Urban Meyer has left the building...")
Drastic times call for drastic measures, and if that includes having to accept short term Gator losses for a chance at getting us back on track before all that has been won is frittered away, forcing us to begin that long climb all over again (imagine post-Zook, only without the speedy and talented recruits already in the fold), then so be it.

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I for one DO NOT want to see us lose anymore games period! I think that both Coach Meyer and Addazio know that the offense is in need of repair. I have to believe that Coach Meyer will fix the problems.

Again, NO WAY DO I WANT TO SEE THE GATORS LOSE!!!!

Go Gators!!!!!!!

Escambia94

In 2009 we were plagued with a sickness that we will call Addazio-itis. Saint Tebow was able to keep the illness at bay, but he could only do so much against a very good Alabama team. We are in year 2 of Addazio-itis with no saint to fight off the disease and a weakened Urban Meyer. At least last year it looked like UM cared--he had fire, intensity, and we actually sometimes ran plays other than the dive. This year Urban Meyer lacks that fire. Addazio does not even watch the game. There are no saints to carry the team. Burton comes close, but he is too young to carry this team.

You guys are right. Something needs to change. Being on campus today and seeing it myself, there is a heavy gray cloud of doom lingering over the Gator Nation that I have not seen since the Zook years. This can't go on. We have the right talent for any coach to build a team around, except running backs if a replacement coach wanted a spread passing offense or a pro-style. I cannot figure out our defense.

Either way, this is not just a 2010 problem--this is a continuation of an illness from 2009. We know how to fix it, but we know it will not happen. Someone above UM needs to get the hint that something is wrong. Those messages don't come by Bat-signal--they come by losses.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
I for one DO NOT want to see us lose anymore games period! I think that both Coach Meyer and Addazio know that the offense is in need of repair. I have to believe that Coach Meyer will fix the problems.

Again, NO WAY DO I WANT TO SEE THE GATORS LOSE!!!!

Go Gators!!!!!!!

Thank you, that's how I feel....Go Gators!!!!

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
Believe me I understand this has been a problem since last year. We saw Coach Meyer make the change for the Sugar Bowl and I do believe (hope) that he will again make the correct decision and change when "he" believes it is the right time.
We (Gator Nation) have been spoiled the last 6 years with very little losses and 2 National Championships.

I know, I know, we have not lost like the way we are losing now! I know that it is ugly, I know that it is pathetic.

However, I still do not think that wishing losses on OUR TEAM, OUR GATORS, it the way to fix anything! It proves only that we as "Florida Fans" are spoiled and quite honestly not very loyal.

If we lose, then we lose, but to start wishing ill will against Our Team,,,, Sorry, this is wrong!

Addazio can go anytime, maybe Meyer should go, but to wish we lose.....that just sends me over the top.

Then don't go to the game, don't watch, don't put on your Gator shirts, don't put your flags on your vehicles, because if you are wishing we lose then you are not supporting the TEAM! (which by the way is more than just the coaches, you have the players that you are wishing ill will towards as well)

I am sorry for the rant but this posting is way too much!

No Matter What!

GO GATORS!!!!!

The Zooker

VIP Member
Sometimes you have to accept a little radiation to get rid of cancer. My loyalty is to the program, not to our win-loss record. If a loss is what the program needs for positive change in the long run then I don't see a problem with hoping for a loss. You have to look at the bigger picture.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
At least if we lose, heads will definitely roll. No way will Foley or the Bull Gators accept 3 losses in a row, a loss on homecoming, a loss to Mississippi State, and a loss to Mullen.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Don't you get it yet?
"Coach Meyer" is not going to "fix" anything. He refuses to even acknowledge that there is a problem! How far do we have to fall before his bland pronouncements after another shabby performance become unacceptable?
I myself can't and won't root against those young Gators on the field because THAT is where my loyalty lies--with the PROGRAM. It seems a lot of you have forgotten this:
Our loyalty is to that program, NOT to any individual (especially a well-paid hired hand who has in fact broken trust with us and appears to have stopped doing his job sometime back). NO ONE IS ABOVE THE PROGRAM.
Urban Meyer has put his sense of loyalty and honor with respect to Steve Addazio ahead of his commitment (and the application of those same admirable qualities, ironically enough) to that program. The whole program is suffering as a result, the repercussions deepening, multiplying and gathering momentum in a downward spiral we've seen elsewhere. Those of us raising the alarm are like the proverbial "canary in a coal mine", early warning of the problems we already face AND the disaster we're headed for if there is no dramatic in direction.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I AM going to state this much: I stand with the other faithful here who are thinking long-term...we BLEED Orange & Blue and it is only with heavy hearts (and a whole lot of angry frustration!) that we have stopped caring about wins or losses on the filed except in how they relate to "moving the mountain", getting through the operation and into recovery/rehab (sorry for the mixed metaphors).
Foley fired Zook when he lost to these Bulldogs...would he do the same if Meyer's charges lost to the old OC? I don't think so either, but I understand those who wouldn't mind seeing Foley "put to the test".
I suspect there is discussion among certain influential boosters, and there will come a point where rising pressure will be brought to bear. If/when it happens, it'll happen quickly--but timing will be a delicate, crucial matter.
Has to be done at a point where the replacement has already been vetted, contacted and pretty well "a done deal" AND able to move quickly. In the case of the handful of best-fit rising-star candidates, that means right at the end of the regular season--about 7 weeks from now.
If possible, Foley gives Urban Meyer the opportunity to "go out with class", "resigning" after a shot at one last victory over our cross-state rival.
I could also envision it getting ugly, bogged down in stubbornness, denial and mutual finger-pointing. Losses make it "easier" all around, ironic as that seems, which is why some of us find themselves leaning that way.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
"F" THAT!!!! I hate losing. We can win and still make the needed changes.... CHOMP CHOMP!!!!

We haven't made any changes. The coaches won't even come out and say there's a problem. Instead, they do the same things while people like Pouncey grade out as "champions" week after week.

Just remember, as bad as Jeff Bowden's offenses were at FSU, they were always better than 96th in the country. Our offense is atrocious and I have seen no signs that it will be fixed.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I hope it doesn't take another loss to fix things. I like to see them win because I don't think I can take another loss (I'm sure I'm not alone in that fan wise) especially against ex-assistant coach of the Gators.

Escambia94

We will lose a couple more games this year. I just don't want to lose three in a row. FSU--can't beat them with dive, dive, dive. Georgia--maybe they are salivating at our misery. South Carolina--SOS may have his C0cks on track for the East. Start thinking about next year, ladies and gentlemen, but be optimistic that the coaches wake up and stop the worst from happening.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I agree it's time to start thinking about next year (and beyond!), but I won't be optimistic again until I see dramatic change--from the top down!
You know how I feel about this; I don't have to convince you of all fans, Escambia94. I am interested, though: Short of a complete house-cleaning, what moves would convince you that all is well?

The Zooker

VIP Member
Heyyyyyooooooooo. Three in a row. Changes are coming. I'm celebrating tonight. There is no way around it now. Three in a row. Losing Homecoming. Losing to Mullen. Losing to MISSISSIPPI STATE. Seven total points at home. ZERO points in the first half. WOW. Here's a tip for the next offensive coordinator: let Brantley throw the ball downfield and let Burton run the option.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Heyyyyyooooooooo. Three in a row. Changes are coming. I'm celebrating tonight. There is no way around it now. Three in a row. Losing Homecoming. Losing to Mullen. Losing to MISSISSIPPI STATE. Seven total points at home. ZERO points in the first half. WOW. Here's a tip for the next offensive coordinator: let Brantley throw the ball downfield and let Burton run the option.

Man I can't wait until Ron Zook gets fired.

The Zooker

VIP Member
I'd love to have The Zooker come back as a position coach. Players love him and he's a hell of a recruiter. Have him coach special teams or whatever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema