• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gilbert makes move to left tackle

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Marcus Gilbert's latest move is a critical one for No. 3 Florida, but he's not sweating it.

The redshirt senior offensive lineman has played nearly every position on Florida's offensive line, but spent most of the 2009 season as TimTebow's right tackle. With the injuries to sophomore tackles Xavier Nixon and Matt Patchan, Gilbert will start at left tackle for Florida's opener against Miami (Ohio) Saturday.

Gilbert's added responsibility of protecting new starting quarterback John Brantley's blindside isn't added pressure, Gilbert said, he's just as comfortable on the left as on the right.

"It's pretty much the same thing, but I'm just picking up the different kinds of angles," Gilbert said during Florida's Monday morning news conference."

More: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100830/ARTICLES/100839962&tc=email_newsletter

DCGator

Gator Fan
I'm okay with this move, just so long as Pouncey doesn't get moved from the center position. I think Brantley really needs that veteran presence in front of him, at least for a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema