• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GatorSports Forum breaking the law!

volsrock69

Gator Fan
http://www.gatorsportsforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198195

"Only a broadcaster/network that has purchased rights from the NCAA may air a live description of any competition."

The Gator Forum broadcast TWO live feeds to a Gator game...the LSU and UK game were both shown on the forum..and I have them cached Has the forum purchased rights from the NCAA to show live games? I dont think so! Did the forum BREAK copyright law? YES!

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
http://www.gatorsportsforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198195

"Only a broadcaster/network that has purchased rights from the NCAA may air a live description of any competition."

The Gator Forum broadcast TWO live feeds to a Gator game...the LSU and UK game were both shown on the forum..and I have them cached Has the forum purchased rights from the NCAA to show live games? I dont think so! Did the forum BREAK copyright law? YES!

Interesting. We shall have to see exactly what they were doing and if in fact they were breaking a law. It would be very stupid of them to break a law like that. They should know better.

volsrock69

Gator Fan
dustin
Senior Gator

Florida fan
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:36 pm

Post subject: My tv stream via internet Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
My internet stream of the game is once again available.

Enjoy!

http://216.155.98.98:8080/LiveTV - 20 Connections allowed

Click the LIVE link above they even have a nice little Gator Logo

volsrock69

Gator Fan
Nope the game has nothing to do with it. Gators stomped our butts!

Its because they broke the law.

And they banned me after 3900 posts and wouldnt tell me what rule I broke. I didnt break any of their rules...

Since they cant be man enough to say what rule I broke to be banned after over 3900 posts. And they think they are ABOVE the law.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
They also break the law...and when Im done on the CBS NCAA etc boards everyone will know.

But it was a fan that did it, right? He may not of known it was right or wrong to do it. I just hope they don't take Gator Sports Message boards down. For the most part it's a good place. But if it happens, it would mean more users for Gator Envy so I won't complain too much.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I'm not sure if Gator Sports Forum broke the law, or if the guy who posted the live link is? I'm not keen on NCAA laws.

But if it brings more people to Gator Envy... then by all means, spread the word.

FanSmack

VIP Member
It's whomever hosts the video that is in trouble. Take www.tv-links.co.uk for example... They are a hugely known site but can't get in trouble as they don't host the video.

What's funny to me is you wouldn't have said a word about this feed had they not banned you.

volsrock69

Gator Fan
Hmmmm...that www.tv-links.co.uk site is shut down...so much for not getting in trouble.

The first closure of a major UK-based pirate site was also accompanied by raids and an arrest, the anti-piracy group Federation Against Copyright Theft (Fact) said today.

A 26-year-old man from Cheltenham was arrested on Thursday in connection with offences relating to the facilitation of copyright infringement on the internet, Fact said.

The arrest and the closure of the site - www.tv-links.co.uk - came during an operation by officers from Gloucestershire County Council trading standards in conjunction with investigators from Fact and Gloucestershire Police.

Fact claims that tv-links.co.uk was providing links to illegal film content that had been camcorder recorded from cinemas and then uploaded to the internet. The site also provided links to TV shows that were being illegally distributed.

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2195407,00.html

The site also provided links to TV shows that were being illegally distributed.

Just as GatorSports.com did!

volsrock69

Gator Fan
Yes I would have...because Libs are so high and mighty on the Rule of Law in the Political Forum. But yet they break it all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema