• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators working punter Chas Henry at QB

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
If Florida Gators quarterback Tim Tebow is unable to go next Saturday against the LSU Tigers due to his concussion, John Brantley will start.
But who would back him up?
Henry-QB.jpg
According to wide receiver David Nelson, the team has been working with punter Chas Henry at quarterback. That should come as no surprise to those who follow recruiting, considering Henry was the starting (and quite successful) quarterback for East Paulding High School in Dallas, GA, during his sophomore season.
Throughout his recruitment, Henry was listed as both a punter and quarterback, something heavily coveted by teams who may wish to only carry two quarterbacks while redshirting freshman or injured players. A punter who can throw also lends well to potential punt fakes, something head coach Urban Meyer has made his signature over the years.
The only other quarterback on the roster for the Gators is four-star freshman Jordan Reed, who Meyer planned to redshirt this season. If Reed was forced to play for any reason, he would lose his redshirt and a year of eligibility along with it. Henry’s existence alone should make that problem moot.
ORIGIN....

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Hmm. I did not even think of Plan C, playing the punter as QB. I wonder how familiar Chas is with the spread option. Most high school quarterbacks are I-formation or veer/wishbone, and I have not heard of Chas learning the spread before at UF.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Good idea on Meyer's part; even though it's a prep for a worst-case scenario, we have yet to see any "trick" plays on 4th down yet - including fake punts. Another possible "wwrinkle" to add to our offense!

Escambia94

I would rather keep Blaylock redshirted so we have some talent to draw from for the next Gator dynasty, post-Tebow.

Escambia94

He played in the first game.

The "10% Rule" allows a player to play no more than 10% of the season in an academic year (regular season) in order to keep the redshirt (one game = 8%, two games = 16.7%). For an injury or student going into grad school, the percentages change. So, if Blaylock wants to keep his redshirt status, he must play less than 10% of the games (max of one) in the regular season or get injured and play less than 30% (max of three games).

If CaliZona_Gator is correct and Blaylock did play in one game already, he cannot play in another game until after the end of the academic year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema