• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators ranked #2 :D

skippy13

Gator Fan
Long time reader here, but thought you guys would be interested to see that this guy has Florida ranked #2.

They did an article on his math rankings last year about them being more accurate than any of the BCS computers, so I just keep it bookmarked:

http://www.jwagoner.com/football.html

Hey, looks good to me! :D

no way should we be 2

top 10 is actually in question imo

the guy has MSU #5 and USC #7, while OSU is #15? GTFOH lol

and bama isnt even in the top 50? yea that list just became total bs made for shock value

The Zooker

VIP Member
no way should we be 2

and bama isnt even in the top 50? yea that list just became total bs made for shock value

Ranking systems like his don't actually start making sense until later in the season. His system was actually extremely accurate at predicting bowl game winners.

skippy13

Gator Fan
no way should we be 2

Not sure what you were looking at, but his system has Alabama at #5 after week 3. That'll go up if they beat Arkansas.

I think you might have been looking at the Strength of Schedule section.

Zooker's right-on: The further the season goes, the more accurate these type of systems become. But you can say the same for human polls as well... sometimes a team isn't nearly as good as we think, or vice-versa.

Oh well--! I just thought you guys might be happy to see that somebody somewhere out there is giving this team some respect.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Nice find. I will be watching it over the course of the year and see how well it matches up to other polls and rankings.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema