• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Practice updates

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Was up with the early birds at 6:00 am at the practice field; it was a full-squad workout and got underway while it was still dark out.

After warmups, our guys were separated into position workouts. I was most impressed by the way our safeties were practicing today; they were razor-sharp on drills from the starters down to the backups. Ahmad Black didn't practice due to a minor injury, but Major Wright and Will Hill were johnny-on-the-spot in catch drills with Chas Henry playing "QB".

Vance Bedford was also working our conerbacks hard; Joe Haden is clearly the leader of that bunch, with Markihe Anderson not too far behind. I look for Jelani Jenkins to be impressive; also, I would like to see Wondy Pierre-Louis kick things up a notch going into his final season as a Gator. Anderson also picked off freshman QB Jordan Reed on a pass as well.

Speaking of Jordan Reed, he's a work in progress who will eventually catch on and adapt to the college game. He couldn't ask for two better mentors than Tim Tebow and Johnny Brantley this year.

Andre Debose is going to be a star. He nailed a nice deep pass that stood out in my mind; he was pulled from practice a little later on due to a tender hammy that the coaches wanted to avoid aggravating any further. Aaron Hernandez and Deonte Thompson also had a good session; Tim Tebow had to intercede on Deonte's behalf regarding a pass he caught from Timmy at one point.

Stephen Alli seemed a bit flustered after practice yesterday, but that was clearly a case of the "freshman jitters" and noting more or less. After yesterday's practice, I told him "keep the faith" as assurance that he'll catch on when I was walking back to get my car and head back to my hotel.

Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps were also sharp in drills as was Brandon James, who's returning after being out of spring practice with an injury - but don't count Mike Gillislee out just yet. Even though Emmanuel Moody was at practice, he wa held out due to a minor injury - and from what I read, he was working out on a stationary bike.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I'm really glad to hear that our linemen are looking good.

I can't wait to see what Bostic can do this year. If we can land Luc for 2010, our linebacker corps will not drop off too much.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I'm really glad to hear that our linement are looking good.

I can't wait to see what Bostic can do this year. If we can land Luc for 2010, our linebacker corps will not drop off too much.

From what I've read, Mack Brown is working on getting Luc to seriously consider commiting to UF.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
^^ That would be a BIG commitment. I think Luc has the potential of being one of the all time greats, at whatever school he goes to.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Ben Volin's notes from 8/18: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/2009/08/18/tim-tebow-hits-gq-magazine/#more-1670

meyerurban_080804_2292_tcasey.jpg

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
According to Edward Aschoff at the Gainesivlle Sun, Stephen Alli and Nick Alajajian had their black stripes removed after practice today: http://forums.gatorsports.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3691038186/m/7171039909

Nice article about last night's Champions Night: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20090821/ARTICLES/908219959/1136?Title=Notebook-A-night-for-champions

Will Hill's been dominant in our secondary: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2009/08/gators-safety-will-hill-dominating-fall-camp.html

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema