• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Envy Predictions for 2023

What will be the regular season record in 2023?

• 4-8

• 5-7

• 6-6

• 7-5

• 8-4

• 9-3

Results are only viewable after voting.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Sports pundits vary in their predictions for the Gators, which speaks volumes for the uncertainty surrounding the team and a schedule that is daunting for a team coming off back-to-back 6-7 seasons. I predict the Gators go 7-5, which could be excused given Billy Napier's methodical approach to deconstructing and rebuilding the program from the bottom up. Florida's key players:
-Jason Marshall, CB Jr.
-Princely Umanmielen, EDGE Jr.
-Montrell Johnson, RB Jr.
-Trevor Etienne, RB Soph.
-Ricky Pearsall, WR Sr.
-Shemar James, LB Soph.
-Jeremy Crenshaw, P Jr.
-Teradja Mitchell, LB Sr.
-Tyreak Sapp, DE Soph.
-Austin Barber, OT Soph.

Aug 31 at Utah L. Last year Utes were clearly the better team (finishing 10-4, 7-2), but the Gators got an assist from the hostile environment of the Swamp and the heat and humidity of Gainesville in September. This time the Utes will return the favor with their own hostile environment coupled with high altitude and dry air. The Utah offense looks like the offense that Billy Napier is trying to build for Florida: tough offensive line with a steamroller running game. The Utes will roll over the Gators in a close game, 28-21. Key players:
-Sataoa Laumea, OT Jr. - 2022 All-Pac-12
-Cole Bishop, S Jr.
-Cameron Rising, QB Sr.
-Brant Kuithe, TE Sr.
-Karene Reid, LB Jr. - 2022 All-Pac-12 (2nd team)
-Junior Tafuna, DT Jr. - 2022 All-Pac-12 (2nd team)
-Lander Barton, LB Soph. - 2022 Freshman DPOY
-Ja'Quinden Jackson, RB Soph.
-Devaughn Vele, WR Jr.
-Miles Battle, CB Sr.

Sept 9 McNeese W. Napier will learn a lot from the week 1 loss and will not let this team lose focus as they prepare for a trip to Rocky Top. Gators get some confidence in a 48-10 win over a Louisiana-based team that Napier is somewhat familiar with.

Sept 16 Tennessee W. The Vols have been surprisingly good these past couple years under Josh Heupel, but the Swamp will come alive and assist with a win against a team stilll learning how to replace several key losses to the NFL. Gators eke out a win at home, 27-21. Key players:
-Aaron Beasley, LB Sr.
-Jaylen McCollough, S Sr.
-Joe Milton, QB Sr.
-Tamarion McDonald, S Sr.
-Javontez Spraggins, OG Sr.
-Bru McCoy, WR Sr.
-Keenan Pili, LB Sr.
-Ramel Keyton, WR Sr.
-Roman Harrison, DE Sr.
-Jaylen Wright, RB Jr.

Sept 23 Charlotte W. This is the last cupcake on the team, not counting Vanderbilt. Gators roll, 51-3. Fun fact: Charlotte athletic director Mike Hill spent 25 years on the UF athletic director staff.

Sept 30 at Kentucky W. As long as the Gators avoid false start penalties and Billy Napier does not pull a Mullen with the play calling, the Gators can escape Lexington with a win, 38-33.
-Devin Leary, QB Sr.
-D’Eryk Jackson, LB Sr.
-Marques Cox, OT Sr.
-JJ Weaver, LB Sr.
-Ray Davis, RB Sr.
-Keeshawn Silver, DT Soph.
-Eli Cox, OT Sr.
-Jordan Lovett, S Soph.
-Trevin Wallace, LB Jr.
-Barion Brown, WR Soph.

Oct 7 Vanderbilt W. The Gators will avoid back-to-back losses to Vanderbilt, 26-16.
-Will Sheppard, WR Sr.
-Jaylen Mahoney, S Sr.
-CJ Taylor, S Jr.
-AJ Swann, QB Soph.
-Julian Hernandez, C Sr.
-De’Rickey Wright, S Sr.
-Prince Kollie, LB Jr.
-Christian James, DT Sr.
-Jayden McGowan, WR Soph.
-Sedrick Alexander, RB Fr.

Oct 14 at South Carolina L. In year 3 Shane Beamer has the Gamecocks where Billy Napier wants to be in his year 3 next year. The Gators will fall short to a better team in a hostile Cockpit, 36-45.

Oct 21 BYE

Oct 28 Georgia (in Jacksonville) L. The Gators will be lucky to get more than 20 points. The Dawgs will likely have a record-setting defense against an easy schedule where Florida might be their first opponent to score twice. Gators lose, 21-48. Key players:
-Brock Bowers, TE Jr.
-Javon Bullard, S Jr.
-Sedrick Van Pran, C Jr.
-Jamon Dumas-Johnson, LB Jr.
-Smael Mondon, LB Jr.
-Nazir Stackhouse, DT Sr.
-Kamari Lassiter, CB Jr.
-Carson Beck, QB Jr.
-Ladd McConkey, WR Jr.
-Amari Mims, OT Jr.

Nov 4 Arkansas W. This Arkansas team is built like last year's Florida team, but with a more stable QB. Arkansas can win this one, but I see Napier learning from the loss to Georgia as he did last year against Texas A&M and pulling off a 36-24 victory. Key players:
-KJ Jefferson, QB Sr.
-Raheim Sanders, RB Jr.
-Dwight McGlothern, CB Sr.
-Hudson Clark, S Sr.
-Chris Paul, LB Soph.
-Antonio Grier, LB Sr.
-Beaux Limmer, C Sr.
-Joshua Braun, OT, Jr.
-Landon Jackson, DE Jr.
-Trajan Jeffcoat, DE Sr.

Nov 11 at LSU L. The Bayou Bengals appear to be ascending under Brian Kelly, and they will roll over the Gators 41-31. Key Players:
-Maason Smith, DT Soph.
-Harold Perkins, LB Soph.
-Jayden Daniels, QB Sr.
-Will Campbell, OT Soph.
-Omar Speights, LB Sr.
-Malik Nabers, WR Jr.
- Zy Alexander, CB Jr.
-Duce Chestnut, S Jr.
-Greg Penn, LB Jr.
-Mekhi Wingo, DT Jr.

Nov 18 at Missouri W. Last year the Tigers nearly beat Georgia at home. It can be tough to win in Columbia, and the Gators had their fair share of struggles against Mizzou over the years, but they will find a way to win 21-14. Key players:
-Kris Abrams-Draine, CB Sr.
-Ty’Ron Hopper, LB Sr.
-Javon Foster, OT Sr.
-Jaylon Carlies, S Sr.
-Darius Robinson, DT Sr.
-Luther Burden, WR Soph.
-Chad Bailey, LB Sr.
-Harrison Mevis, PK Sr.
-Jake Garcia, QB Soph.
-Theo Wease, WR Sr.

Nov 25 Florida State L. It sucks losing to FSU, but I do not see a strong case for Florida beating their little brothers this time. Norvell will have his typical running game going strong at 200 yards a game and Florida will be no different. Gators fall to the Noles 26-32. Key players:
-Jared Verse, DE Jr. - 2022 All-ACC
-Jordan Travis, QB Sr. - 2022 All-ACC (2nd team)
-Johnny Wilson, WR Jr. - 2022 All-ACC (2nd team)
-Jaheim Bell, TE Jr.
-Trey Benson, RB Jr. - 2022 All-ACC (2nd team)
-Fentrell Cyprus, CB Jr.
-Fabien Lovett, DT Sr.
-Braden Fiske, DT Sr.
-Akeem Dent, S Sr.
-Robert Scott, OT Jr. - 2022 All-ACC (2nd team)

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I too closed my eyes and leapt...
To "7-5" as well--which, considering the schedule, has to be viewed as "optimistic".
But meanwhile, have y'all noticed the just-released "2024 Gator schedule"??! I haven't had the opportunity to thoroughly evaluate everyone ELSE'S games, mostly just a quick look at the other SEC teams' games, but my first impression is that we may have garnered one of the toughest in the country ONCE AGAIN!
Among other things, we get Texas IN Austin, and among other wrinkles trade Vandy for Miss St, and so on down the line. Relentlesly "exciting" season, week after week--but until we are truly strong enough to dominate most of such a group, one starts to wonder how patient the FSN base is likely to remain. I just hope the UF braintrust, the folks who supposedly brought Billy in and so far have continued to back him, continue to realistically recognize the very real and steady progress that is being made (even if Year 3's record doesn't quite blossom in promise as dramatically as is hoped...).
I do not KNOW what's coming, exactly--but we have GOT to give this guy a proper chance, no matter what. I HOPE it won't come to this, but with the latest news I could see it being Year 4 or even 5 before the results of "Billy's Gator Rebuild" really take hold.

Escambia94

The 2023 Gators have the second hardest schedule in America, and they are ranked behind 8 teams on their schedule.
  • vs. #1 UGA (neutral)
  • at #5 LSU
  • vs.#8 FSU
  • vs. #12 Tennessee
  • at #14 Utah
  • at SC (#27)
  • vs. Arkansas (#30)
  • at UK (#33)
  • Florida (#36)
  • at Missouri (#65)
  • vs Vanderbilt (#112)
  • vs Charlotte (#138)
  • vs McNeese (#187)

Escambia94

Aug 31 at Utah L. Last year Utes were clearly the better team (finishing 10-4, 7-2), but the Gators got an assist from the hostile environment of the Swamp and the heat and humidity of Gainesville in September. This time the Utes will return the favor with their own hostile environment coupled with high altitude and dry air. The Utah offense looks like the offense that Billy Napier is trying to build for Florida: tough offensive line with a steamroller running game. The Utes will roll over the Gators in a close game, 28-21.
I am revisiting my week 1 prediction before I foolishly changed my prediction during game week. This take seemed to be the more logical, accurate one as the Gators fell to the Utes 11-24 instead of 21-28. I incorrectly predicted a tough running game from both teams.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema