• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day Week Five: Road Test

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
This does show us that LSU is going to tear Florida apart. Gators need to figure out how to stop the run out of a nickel formation. Personally, I would consider switching back and forth from nickel to joker a few times here.

Escambia94

I expect to see that jumbo TE package next week. Good play, even if it is only for three yards.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gotta rely on the D again to pull it out.
Yeah--like I said, would at least LOOK better if we had cashed in some easy fgs.
As it is, we'll at least/at best (choose one) be saying that we "won one on an off night by our offense, against a good, strong team".
(Btw, Robinson is getting to be a real dependable WR now, to go with all that speed and moves)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'll be glad to get outta this one with the win, at this point. No "style points", by any means. Be happy if we go home without any serious injuries.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Essay question: "Right at this moment, I'd rather be us than ANYONE ELSE in the SEC.". Discuss.
(Lol. Still a strange and wonderful season so far, no matter what, folks…)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This does show us that LSU is going to tear Florida apart. Gators need to figure out how to stop the run out of a nickel formation. Personally, I would consider switching back and forth from nickel to joker a few times here.
I woulda been SURE you were right, til last week. Still figure they'll be tough, regardless--but who really KNOWS this year?
...But about Grier getting beat up here, it's been the case for a lotta Gators tonight--tho WG harder and more often, clearly...Again: Let's just get OUTTA here now, outta here with the win AND our team basically healthy and intact. There'll be assorted aches n pains, sore as hell probably--but if everyone's ready to go again, let's call it "a good win".

Escambia94

Florida is in the best position. First year SEC head coach was expected to go 6-6, third at best in the East. Now that Florida will have the tiebreaker over Tennessee, Kentucky, and now Missouri, Florida controls the East as long as the wheels do not come off against Georgia and SC.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Florida is in the best position. First year SEC head coach was expected to go 6-6, third at best in the East. Now that Florida will have the tiebreaker over Tennessee, Kentucky, and now Missouri, Florida controls the East as long as the wheels do not come off against Georgia and SC.
Hard NOT to get ahead of ourselves--so BIG job for Coaches w players, don't ya figure?
Is it too much to say something like, "We oughtta have a pretty good shot in both remaining SEC East games, and a REALLY good chance at going one-and-one at the very least..."?
And with Chubb gone, well, they clearly have some great depth there, but, well, hey, we got the inside track to the SEC Championship, no matter what--and the outcome of next week's game'll likely play a part in who the West's representative will be, win or lose.
What a season.

Escambia94

The Gators are 6-0, and in pretty good shape. Linebacker corps is banged up, which sucks going up against LSU and later, FSU. The kicking game is suspect, which could bite us in the rear end in any close games. It's great to be a Florida Gator!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Boys, I am tired, just drained...and my gf's on her way from ACL (I actually SKIPPED it this eve, went home to watch game), apparently stopping to order us some dinner, etc...Life is good. But I'm gonna bow out here, prob til morning. This winning is a habit that goes down EASY. I'd forgotten. But somehow, I'm strangely sore, stiff and tired. Later, Gators!

Escambia94

I just compared the statistics to the Alabama - Arkansas game and noticed an alarming similarity. I also compared message board and Facebook posts. The Gators will be fine. Just take care of South Carolina, Georgia, and Vanderbilt. Losing to LSU and FSU are okay, but Florida can win at least one of those. Florida should be favored against its remaining East opponents.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
LSU is going to be a big problem with that running game plus their QB had a good game. Their D is better than the Mizzou which is saying something after this game and Columbia is nothing compared to Death Valley. Saying that, LSU could be the only lost.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema