• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Former Gator LB Brandon Spikes joins staff as student assistant coach

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is more good news, it seems clear--from a lot of different angles.
However, coming in at the same time on a Friday afternoon is some less "positive resonating" news:
Not surprisingly, it comes from Paul Finebaum regarding his support for something emerging from the whole conference reorganization controversy.
Frankly, of course, I already KNEW this was going to be discussed--and it is hardly a shock that it turns out Finebaum would propose and support it as "a perfect fit".
To wit, the idea that FSU and Clemsen should and likely will eventually be invited to join the SEC.
I won't launch into all the reasons it would more likely turn out a foolish and unnecessary move on the conference's part--not here, not now.
For the moment I will simply say that for all of our sakes (that is, basically ALL the programs currentlly IN the SEC--even the latest adds, UT and OU) we should invite NEITHER of them; and in our case, for UF in particular it would be ridiculous to so dramatically help the Noles in that way. In both cases, each program's cross state rival game (Clemsen against South Carolina and FSU's annual season-ender vs us) ought to remain each school's "one connection to the greatness that is the SEC"...Other than that, let them scramble to find ways to enhance their attractiveness to prospective recruits, NIL, media contracts, etc however they can.
On any level, there is NO good reason for ANY of us in the SEC to further help EITHER of them in any way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema