• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida vs. Georgia score prediction thread

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Guess the score to the Florida v.s Georgia game.

I think it will be a higher scoring game and we'll win by 7.

45-38 Gators

GatorGal15

VIP Member
I really can't but a score it on, but I do believe it's gonna be close during the 1st and maybe 2nd quarters, but in the 3rd the gators are gonna run away with it!

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
45 - 21

GO GATORS !!!!!
picture.php

And how exactly do you expect your defense to hold us to 13 points?

Even Auburn last year couldn't do that when they beat us in the Swamp.

With all the hype going into this game, I believe this will be GA's peak game this season. We've been waiting on this since we did the Gator Stomp last year...

shandsgator8

VIP Member
With all the hype going into this game, I believe this will be GA's peak game this season. We've been waiting on this since we did the Gator Stomp last year...

You're gonna need a lot more than that to justify holding us to under 14. You also seem to ignore that Florida is pretty motivated for this game, whether they're favored to win or not.

If you're going to say something outrageous, then back it up. Otherwise, it's just a flame.

You're gonna need a lot more than that to justify holding us to under 14. You also seem to ignore that Florida is pretty motivated for this game, whether they're favored to win or not.

If you're going to say something outrageous, then back it up. Otherwise, it's just a flame.

Outrageous? It's just a prediction.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Outrageous? It's just a prediction.

It's an outrageous prediction since it has nothing to back it up.

You need to say something like: "Tebow has recently fumbled the ball even in UF's blowout games. His fumbling arguably cost UF against Ole Miss, and his careless ball handling against LSU led to one of their touchdown when they got the ball with a short field. Also, his interception against Arkansas and UK seemed like a lapse in judgment which could easily happen again this weekend."

You could also point that that your offensive line, your weakest link, held up just fine against LSU. Or maybe your running game is more effective at grinding out the clock, while ours is more a "homerun" running game. Or that anytime a team has properly planned for Brandon James' return abilities, he's been kept in relative check.

I mean, say something. At least you qualify your post in your other thread by talking about Florida being overconfident as a reason UGA might win.

It's an outrageous prediction since it has nothing to back it up.

You need to say something like: "Tebow has recently fumbled the ball even in UF's blowout games. His fumbling arguably cost UF against Ole Miss, and his careless ball handling against LSU led to one of their touchdown when they got the ball with a short field. Also, his interception against Arkansas and UK seemed like a lapse in judgment which could easily happen again this weekend."

You could also point that that your offensive line, your weakest link, held up just fine against LSU. Or maybe your running game is more effective at grinding out the clock, while ours is more a "homerun" running game. Or that anytime a team has properly planned for Brandon James' return abilities, he's been kept in relative check.

I mean, say something. At least you qualify your post in your other thread by talking about Florida being overconfident as a reason UGA might win.

-- Florida is going to go all out to stop Moreno. After last year, this is their biggest concern. To read comments from Florida coaches, players, and fans, they still don't seem to think much of Stafford.

Stafford will have to have another big game, but with Florida concentrating so much on Moreno, this will be very doable. Among our WRs, Florida will likely concentrate most on AJ Green with Jenkins or Haden playing him tight with help over the top from Major Wright. That leaves Massaquoi 1:1 with the other of the two. Still no sure thing for Georgia (Jenkins/Haden both very solid CBs), but what this does open up for us in a big way is that 3rd WR (Moore/Durham/Harris/Goodman) against Wondy Pierre-Louis or one of the other UF CBs... none of whom are really any good.

Look for a lot more of those swing passes (which Stafford puts on the money and to the WR so quickly) chipping away at these CBs repeatedly... just as against LSU. Run this until they fan out or press up to stop it... which then opens up more room for Green/Massaquoi... as well as Moreno running wide.

-- Florida's offense feeds heavily off momentum, often provided by big special teams plays this year. Georgia's punt team coverage is solid (1st in net punting in the SEC), and with Georgia's offense moving the ball so well, James won't be getting many punts in areas that give him a lot of room to work.

-- Demps/Rainey play into Georgia's strengths against the run. They can't go up the middle against our DTs (especially with Ellerbe back to man the middle... he's much better against the run than Gamble). They have to run wide out of the shotgun sweeps. Curran is a great LB, fast and great to the ball, but a little small, so against a straight ahead running game with strong RBs like LSU/Bama have, he got bounced around a little (especially with Ellerbe out). Rashad Jones did as well. Curran/Ellerbe/Dent/Gamble can fan out against Florida though since they know Demps/Rainey aren't coming through the middle. And our DEs are much better against the run than they are against the pass... if only because they aren't great pass rushers and thus rarely over pursue.

-- This puts the game heavily on Tebow's ability to pass. Georgia blitzed him heavily last year and he was horrible at reading the blitzes and getting out of it (sacked 6 times). He doesn't audible or check out of this stuff to nearly the extent that Stafford does. Given the weapons he has had to throw to while at Florida, he hasn't needed to in most games I guess. Yes, his non-throwing shoulder isn't hurting him this year as it was last year... but he also doesn't have quite the receiver group this year as he had last year. Also, he looks to run a lot less now than he did last year... as was the case in last year's game due to his banged up non-throwing shoulder. This is where needing to read blitzes well comes in.

Anyhoo, Florida will make a few plays and score some points, but they still won't be able to stop Stafford/Moreno/Southerland/Massaquoi... and now Green. Payback and celebration talk nonsense aside, the game will still come down to the play of the two teams on the field. And it will ultimately look pretty similar to last year's game.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Insightful, although I don't think you wrote that. But then again, I never said one needed to qualify their outrageous predictions with their own analysis.

I think the point about Demps and Rainey is a good one, since they are not really power running backs. However, they ran pretty well b/w the tackles against LSU, although UGA has better LBs than LSU. We should have Moody back against UGA which I think will help our power running game and threat to run the ball up the middle.

Also, our offense is a little more "finesse" based than I would like for the SEC. Alabama's running game is definitely not finesse based, so just because their offense worked well against you doesn't mean ours will either. However, I haven't been impressed with UGA's defense at all. Sure, it was the 4th quarter when USC started carving up your secondary, but what makes you think you'll be able to do the same to us? I think the only way you can is if Tebow is inaccurate like during the Ole Miss game AND has one ore two lapses in judgments that lead to turnovers.

I think the analysis you posted is a fair one, but given how our defensive line is improved and our secondary is MUCH improved, I find it hard to believe UGA will be able to pick us apart this weekend.

GatorGal15

VIP Member
The only good player UGA has in Moreno. That's really the only weapon they have. Florida can stop him, UGA has nothing.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema