• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida schedules Georgia Southern in 2013

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"The game times for the 2010 schedule have yet to be finalized, but the Florida Gators have already scheduled one additional out-of-conference opponent for the 2013 football season as the Georgia Southern Eagles will be traveling to Gainesville, FL, for a late-season game on Nov. 23.

The Eagles are supplementing their conference lineup with big-name opponents for the football team in an attempt to raise the prestige of the university while simultaneously earn some extra money for the athletic department. Georgia Southern has also scheduled future contests against Alabama, Georgia and Georgia Tech and will be paid more than $450,000 by Florida, according to the Savannah Morning News."

More: http://www.onlygators.com/05/22/2010/florida-schedules-georgia-southern-in-2013/

crabbylion

Gator Fan
This should be in a GSU forum as I don't think this is good news for the Gators. I'm getting a little tired of these weak opponents wanting to battle UF...especially late in the season. Foley should have turned this one down. At least step up the comp a little bit. IDK...maybe a Clemson if you want regional out of conference.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
This should be in a GSU forum as I don't think this is good news for the Gators. I'm getting a little tired of these weak opponents wanting to battle UF...especially late in the season. Foley should have turned this one down. At least step up the comp a little bit. IDK...maybe a Clemson if you want regional out of conference.

I don't like these games against lesser-conference teams either because they do no justice to our strength of schedule, but in the end it's all about money.

AK Gator

Gator Fan
The money is great, but the knock on Florida is that despite having to run through the SEC each season, they play pure fluff...especially with FSU in their current slump. GSU trying to spring board into attention off of the Gators is a nice compliment, but I'd prefer something that would earn a little more respect from the computers each year.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema