• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Florida Offensive Coordinator/ QB Coach Brian Johnson accepts job as Philadelphia Eagles QB Coach

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It sucks for the Gators to lose a talented coach, but it also speaks well for Dan Mullen as a head coach. Mullen was building up Johnson as a coaching candidate in the NFL, so this was not a surprise to the Gator program. Now if Johnson can convince the Eagles to draft Kyle Trask, that would be great.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It sucks for the Gators to lose a talented coach, but it also speaks well for Dan Mullen as a head coach. Mullen was building up Johnson as a coaching candidate in the NFL, so this was not a surprise to the Gator program. Now if Johnson can convince the Eagles to draft Kyle Trask, that would be great.
Any particular “special reason” you’d like to see the “Iggles” scoop Trask, E—?
Is it just that you fear he will be somewhat overlooked/undervalued otherwise? I too would like to see him properly rewarded, and given an opportunity to keep growing at the next level—but beyond that, I don’t know enough about the current state of that team, their management or make-up to harbor any strong views as to whether Philadelphia in particular is a superior potential destination for him. Just wondering if YOU have further info and/or insights along that line of thought.

Leakfan12

VIP Member

I'm sure he might convince Eagles management however they did draft Jalen Hurts last year. Plus there's Carson Wentz. I highly doubt they would look at quarterback maybe if they trade Wentz.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm sure he might convince Eagles management however they did draft Jalen Hurts last year. Plus there's Carson Wentz. I highly doubt they would look at quarterback maybe if they trade Wentz.
You make valid points, Lf. I could see them “hedging” on Wentz alone, but I’d forgotten about the Hurts move LAST year...I STILL don’t know enough about their overall team depth to say much about a grab for Trask (considering they’re not playing now, it would seem they likely have needs elsewhere), but here’s hoping Kyle and/or his squad’s performance the last few games didn’t completely “poison the well”—and that he’ll find willing suiters elsewhere around The League in the early draft rounds.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Also, did Brian Johnson make the move to the pros because he has a better chance to be the head coach there than in College?

Escambia94

Also, did Brian Johnson make the move to the pros because he has a better chance to be the head coach there than in College?

The rumor is that Johnson wants to be a head coach, and something in the interviews for the head coach position at Boise State and South Carolina made him decide to go to the NFL as an assistant and work his way up.

Escambia94

Any particular “special reason” you’d like to see the “Iggles” scoop Trask, E—?
Is it just that you fear he will be somewhat overlooked/undervalued otherwise? I too would like to see him properly rewarded, and given an opportunity to keep growing at the next level—but beyond that, I don’t know enough about the current state of that team, their management or make-up to harbor any strong views as to whether Philadelphia in particular is a superior potential destination for him. Just wondering if YOU have further info and/or insights along that line of thought.

Shane Steichen’s offense is perfect for Kyle Trask. Also, it helps having Brian Johnson as the QB coach considering the fact he coached Trask in college, as well as Dak Prescott and Da’riq King. There are also rumors going around that Carson Wentz wants out of Philadelphia, but things could change with a new head coach, offensive coordinator and QB coach.

There are scouts who think Trask is a good fit at Pittsburgh, where that offense is not going to change from last year.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
The rumor is that Johnson wants to be a head coach, and something in the interviews for the head coach position at Boise State and South Carolina made him decide to go to the NFL as an assistant and work his way up.

Plus the NFL has the Rooney rule though it hasn't worked in a few years, College Football doesn't.

Leakfan12

VIP Member

THEY DID TRADE WENTZ. Guessing that Trask is a consideration for a second-round pick unless they decide to draft someone sixth overall or if Mac Jones is available.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema