• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Five-star Willis to UF

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
From ESPN:
"MOTHER AGAIN DISAPPOINTED BY SON'S CHOICE: Two years after she publicly disapproved of older son Landon Collins choosing Alabama over LSU, April Justin was again disappointed as younger son Gerald Willis III (New Orleans/Edna Karr) chose Florida Gators over the Tigers.

It was much-needed good news for the Gators, who earlier in the week lost a commitment from No. 20 recruit Dalvin Cook

Willis III), the No. 3-ranked defensive tackle and No. 29 player overall, chose the Gators over LSU and Alabama.

"I will take my talents to Gainesville, Florida," Willis said when he announced his commitment. "Go Gators."

His mom didn't appear as upset as she did two years ago but still didn't seem thrilled.

"It is what it is," Justin said. "Florida Gators, that's where we'll be. LSU is still No. 1."

The Gators now have 19 commitments, including 11 ranked in the ESPN 300.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Figures. I am not complaining, but we are trading a 5-star offensive player for a 5-star defensive player. I hope we can snag some offensive linemen. I am hearing more rumblings that Dalvin Cook is a prima donna, and we really would not want him crying in the corner and dividing the locker room as Kelvin Taylor and Matt Jones were getting reps ahead of him. Still, it would have been nice to snag Cook just to keep him away from FSU, even if he did wind up on the bench crying like a little girl.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
With our still-growing roster of good backs, I was wondering where/when he'd fit in, or even get a CHANCE to "fit in", but figured "well, the cream rises, that's how it's best done..."--then started hearing the "prima donna" stuff and was starting to wonder...We don't need anymore of that than we'll get stuck with for a season or two here and there INADVERTENTLY, so I just can't get that bent outta shape about this "loss". I worry some 'bout eventually maybe having to stop him in November, but maybe he does subtle/NOT-so-subtle harm to that team in the meantime/in-between-time. Fact remains, tho': We will need a couple more "in the pipeline" on this squad, for possible immediate (injury) and future (the good ones don't stay 4, or even 3 seasons anymore) needs.

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
Figures. I am not complaining, but we are trading a 5-star offensive player for a 5-star defensive player. I hope we can snag some offensive linemen. I am hearing more rumblings that Dalvin Cook is a prima donna, and we really would not want him crying in the corner and dividing the locker room as Kelvin Taylor and Matt Jones were getting reps ahead of him. Still, it would have been nice to snag Cook just to keep him away from FSU, even if he did wind up on the bench crying like a little girl.

AMEN
thumbs-up-like-chicken-charlie.png

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
With our still-growing roster of good backs, I was wondering where/when he'd fit in, or even get a CHANCE to "fit in", but figured "well, the cream rises, that's how it's best done..."--then started hearing the "prima donna" stuff and was starting to wonder...We don't need anymore of that than we'll get stuck with for a season or two here and there INADVERTENTLY, so I just can't get that bent outta shape about this "loss". I worry some 'bout eventually maybe having to stop him in November, but maybe he does subtle/NOT-so-subtle harm to that team in the meantime/in-between-time. Fact remains, tho': We will need a couple more "in the pipeline" on this squad, for possible immediate (injury) and future (the good ones don't stay 4, or even 3 seasons anymore) needs.

This is the curse of the Florida athlete. There are a lot of good athletes coming out of Florida high schools, and the University of Florida does not get all of them. FSU is on the rise and looks to remain on a high plateau as long as Jimbo Fisher is the head coach, and he will grab a mix of the recruits that are UF leftovers as well as the UF misses. Where UF has the advantage is that FSU rarely grabs starters from outside of the state. UF has 28% of its roster from out of state, but close to 50% of the starting line-up is from out of state. FSU has 25% of its roster from out of state, but close to 25% of its starting line-up is also from out of state. Even as bad as UF is right now, they still have twice as much national outreach on the starting line-up than FSU. FSU's talent comes from as far away as Texas. UF's starting talent comes from as far away as California and Connecticut. At one time, UF had a Canadian QB (Jesse Palmer).

In closing, yes, FSU is going to grab talent from the state of Florida, but UF has twice as much national appeal and can grab good players from just about any state in the nation (other than Alaska and Hawaii).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema