• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

First half thoughts

ki501

Gator Fan
More of the same. Why would I expect anything else. One decent drive down to the 16 yard line. It's 3rd and 5 at the 16 and we run an option play with brantley, go figure. Then we miss the field goal to top it off. Everything is amiss defense, special tems, and the offense. Maybe the offensive woes are contageous because the entire team looks flat. I said last week MSU would come in and pull out a win and so far I look to be correct.

ki501

Gator Fan
I was just thinking. It has been 3 years since we were held scoreless in the first half of a game. When was the last time we were shut out?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, we won't be shut out. This was open to us all night. I have been on another Game Thread Blog and even with all my supposed "negativity", I TOLD those naively optimistic folks over there that bad as I knew we were playing, it was a coaching problem, our talent still outweighed that on the other side, and all it would take was one good quarter for the Gators to win this game.
Not that that would really change anything--indeed, there are those who think that a loss might result in the kind of drastic change that could save our program from a long, painful downward slide.
Even if that were true, still can't bring myself to root against the Gators--but this was a putrid display regardless of the outcome.
Meanwhile, it's a crazy year in the SEC, a "good" one to have a down season in: SC has just gone down to KY. That leaves a (literally) defenseless Auburn team undefeated, and naturally they're led by our wayward, thieving former 2nd string QB, now a highly touted and fawned-over Heisman candidate.
We get the ball! Damn, I'm up and clapping in spite of myself. They're gonna reverse this...it's that kind of year for this team. Hard not to care, though. The Gators HAVE to stop them here if they are to pull this out.

ki501

Gator Fan
CHOKE! I forsee a 6 loss season coming. Congrats to Mullen. He deserves it, he had his guys ready to play.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Oh, nevermind. I thought you were asking which game that was where we went scoreless in the first half. I don't know when we were completely shut out last.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
"Hey Gator Envy this is Urban Meyer. " We got to continue to get better. We have some injuries. We have to do a better job blocking and running the ball. I think our play calling is fine we just have to do a better job executing the plays. Brantley is doing a good job did you see them passes he made? Don't worry about the fact that they should of been intercepted he was throwing some tight spirals.I think he played a hell of a game. We got to go back to work Sunday and get better. We have to address our mistakes and get back to playing gator football."

This is my prediction on what he will have to say. Same ole bullshit just a different day dishing it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema