• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fired coach in the news!...

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
Not ours, Miami's Coach got fired last night after their loss.:thrashskin:

I'm interested in what you guys have to say about that!

And, as always,,,, Go Gators! :wacko:

ShortBus

VIP Member
it's about time. hopefully foley follows suit and fired addazio since urb is too chicken shit to do it... the least he could do is set him up with a hunting excursion with dick cheney...

DunnellonDave

Gator Fan
I haven't had time to read up on the story but was telling my buddy last night I thought they had just signed Shannon you a big, fat new contract recently?

rangenius

Gator Fan
Funny you mentioned cheney shortbus, I had text a friend last night that I hoped Brantley and his redneck uncle would go hunting with Cheney...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not ours, Miami's Coach got fired last night after their loss.:thrashskin:

I'm interested in what you guys have to say about that!

And, as always,,,, Go Gators! :wacko:

Normally I don't care what they do at other schools, LEAST of all down there at Suntan U, but the contrast is interesting:
Last year Randy Shannon was the "Savior" of their program, they were "on our way back", he could do no wrong. A year later they fire him right after a bad loss to end the regular season.
Last year, OUR head coach resigned, QUIT after a bad loss to end the regular season--and we begged and PLEADED for him to reconsider. He did, came back, and presided over one of our worst seasons in decades. He often looked lost out there on the sidelines while he steadfastly continued to support his choices for OC and QB, as they relentlessly failed at their respective duties. A year later, right after ANOTHER "bad loss to end the regular season", Urban Meyer gives another in a season's worth of aimlessly wandering post-game press conferences, this time vaguely promising to "build this thing back up again" (begging the question, "Who broke it down in the first place and where were you while it was happening?"), and, for the most part, everyone BUT the Head Coach is being angrily blamed by Gator Nation.
While I admire Meyer's sense of honor and loyalty in principle and as a general rule, as others have suggested, in this case it may well be working against him and us. We just can't afford another whole year of increased and accelerated decline and failure to intensify the pressure from all sides and convince him that he HAS to make changes he SHOULD have made before NOW.

Here's a theoretical question for y'all:
What if it were to happen NOW? What if you got up this morning and found out the big news is that "Urban Meyer Resigns--Again!"?
Bet your reaction would be different than last year's. (I was shocked, immediately in denial--"No! It CAN'T be true!"--then panic, then head-shaking anger began to grow, mixed more and more with a sinking feeling that we were suddenly "in trouble...", had been "deserted", then enormous joy and relief when he changed his mind BACK a few days later.)
I'm thinking most would take it in stride--right on up to Foley, who would likely accept it this time. Hell, it's the second go-round: he'd almost certainly be out ahead of it, with a short list and a favorite already talking details by the time we heard about it.
When I consider it, I admit that although it wouldn't freak me out like last year, I'd still be sad--and concerned for our future. Ideally, I suppose I'm hoping Urban comes to his senses and makes the obvious changes: he must at LEAST move Addazio aside at OC (O-line Coach, "Recruiter-Extraordinaire", hell, call him "Assistant Head Coach for Team Affairs" for all I care if it helps Meyer's conscience and smooths Addazio's ruffled feathers!), the same for Brantley at QB (if he stays, he's the 2nd string QB). Bring in someone new as Offensive Coordinator, a hot young up-and-comer from one of the non-BCS schools making waves the last few years. They're ALL running variations on Urban's Spread, only they've further developed, evolved and adapted it; imagine what one of them might do with OUR level of talented playmakers!
However, if it is indeed true that "Meyer and Addazio are a package deal", then keeping them means that next year will be essentially more-of-the-same, that Brantley in that same offense and all the rest is inevitably to be expected, and we KNOW that going in.
In that event, I know what my choice would be. What about you?

BrianFL

Gator Fan
If I woke up tommorrow and read that Urban resigns, I would know that we are not just going to ride out this down year and bounce back, but instead will get worse before we get better. FSU would get all our recruits. We can only get good recruits and regroup next year if Urban stays.

You guys so down on Urban, ask yourself honestly, who are the best two coaches in the history of florida football, I don't care how far back in time you go.

Urban Meyer and Steve Spurrier are the best coaches we ever had, no contest.

Also ask yourself, who would be hire that is even close ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema